Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2015, 05:27 AM   #1

Help with central locking problem

Greetings. New Boxster owner here, a 2002 S.

I'm having an odd problem with the central locking system and was looking for some suggestions. The car will occasionally lock using the keyless remotes, and then usually only when the batteries are new. Other times when you push the button it does nothing.

When it DOES lock, when it unlocks either from the remote or using the key in the lock I will sometimes get the double horn fault, while other times it operates normally.

The Durametric shows no fault codes with the window or lock sensors, nor with the alarm control unit, and all window functions seem to be normal (drop with door handle pull, normal operation with switch).

One oddity is that the batteries in the remote only seem to last a week or so. This is sitting on a ring unused, so its not pocket activations burning it down. The problems seem to get more frequent when the batteries are low - not just with the remotes, but also the central locking while using the key.

I'm a little stumped. Next steps were going to be pulling the alarm control unit to see if there's any corrosion (floor is not wet). Anyone else had a similar situation? I know it's pretty common to have locking issues but most of the things I've found have other causes clearly associated.

Thanks!

velo2453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:35 AM   #2

I have the exact same problem on an '02 base Boxster for about a year now, works fine with new fob battery but issue returns rather quickly. I gave up eventually and just lock/unlock using the key in the door. Solution recommendation here would be awesome!
jamesone11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:41 AM   #3

I also have the same problem with my '04 Boxster S. I have two keys which seem to have a nice solid red light when I put a new battery in but the battery doesn't last long. I haven't been able to unlock the doors however when I use the key fob. My windows roll up and down fine and the doors lock and unlock just fine when using the central locking switch on the dash. The other problem that I am having is the alarm's motion sensor is not very sensitive. When I have the top down, and the red clip installed, I can wave my arms around inside the car and it won't go off right away. It will eventually but someone could easily reach into the car, grab something and leave without it ever going off.

Anyone have any suggestions? The codes were read a few weeks ago and these were the codes:

54 radio receiver defective. It seems to work just fine.
60 central locking limit position Lock not reached.

'04 Boxster S - Basalt Black, Fabspeed exhaust and sport headers, UD pulley, Pedro's Bluetooth, GT projectors, 18" Cayman S wheels, Evo cold air intake, IPD plenum, 74mm TB, Ben's SSK with ICT shifter boot, Fabspeed ECU Tune.
F18febe is offline   Reply With Quote