Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #1

Question for EPIQTodd

Todd -
On your store website, there's a link to spec boxster racing. Do you have any idea on what the progress has been made towards it?

98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #2

Wow, a personal message for me!

Yes, as a matter of fact. I'm keeping up with it because soon we want to build a spec Boxster, too.

Porsche Owners Club is starting it out, and SCCA is probably going to just jump aboard once POC irons out all the kinks and they can just copy it as a spec class directly. At the most recent POC Time Trials at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, the first spec Boxster was there, but not racing - just there for looks, I guess. I think they are bringing it to Willow Springs this weekend to run it, and if so, I'll give you the whole scoop, because I'll be there racing myself.

There are two other groups I have talked to who are interested in building one, and at least one more that has already started. The 2.5l Boxsters are just now starting to become attractively priced, so the quest for a new spec class with a neutral handling mid-engine car is great.

I'll be sure to keep you (and the forum, if everybody wants) up to date on what I know as it goes along.

2005 Boxster S - Atlas Grey/Black, PASM, Sport Chrono, Bose
2006 Infiniti M35 Sport
2007 Cadillac Escalade (tow vehicle with bling)

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

http://www.epiqautosport.com/images/epiqtoddavatar2.jpg
EPIQTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:40 PM   #3

Thanks, Todd. Have fun at Willow Springs. Looking forward to more info on the Spec Boxster.
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:18 PM   #4

Willow Springs is fantastic, but no Spec Boxster, dang it! Wonder when they will be using it? They may just skip the short track series and go for Time Trials - I'll find out.

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

'00 Boxster - 2.7l w/FVD ECU tuning, Moton double adjustable suspension, custom stainless headers, lightweight flywheel, dual Magnaflow mufflers, 18" CCR wheels, 911 front brakes in front, Boxster front brakes in rear, full welded cage.

Old 04-09-2006, 07:56 PM   #5

Here's the scoop - the Boxster Spec ran today, actually, and it's a FINE looking example - they really went all out. I think the best times in it were 1:34 and change, Streets of Willow, Counterclockwise, with the bowl. I was expecting it to be quite a bit faster, and I know the driver is VERY experienced, so I was a little disappointed in the results, but perhaps was expecting too much. We'll see are more are run in the events to come.

Great weekend at the track...

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport