Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015, 01:39 PM   #1

I'm excited- dropped her off at the body shop

My 2002 S continues her evolution into what I want her to be. Started with some head work from Jake Raby along with headers/high flow cats and a Dansk muffler. Have enjoyed the car for about a year and now time for some body mods. Purchased a set of aftermarket rocker covers locally off of CL and just received the GT3Tek rear diffuser. So I dropped her off today at the body shop. So they will install and paint those two items and I brought them a spare set of the bumperettes by the rear license plate to paint and install. I had previously scored a deal on a 996 GT3 OEM front bumper that was already painted Arctic Silver and that is installed. Yesterday ordered a GT3 Porsche Motorsport front spoiler/lip from Sunset Porsche in Oregon to complete the front end. Oh yeah I have a pair of Fred's Litronic headlights ready to go also. I have some aftermarket wheels just waiting on tires and then finally Jake will install the 3.6 motor he is building. I am bursting at the seams on how she will look/perform. Pics to follow after I get her back from the body shop.

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #2

Before pics are good too
Old 03-18-2015, 10:31 AM   #3

Garage
3.6 motor No wonder you are bursting at the seams! Looking forward to the pics
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnotanova View Post
Before pics are good too
Well seeing that you asked These are from a year ago when I brought it home.

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 03-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
3.6 motor No wonder you are bursting at the seams! Looking forward to the pics
Yeah unfortunately the motor won't be ready for another 2 months ! But it will be well worth the wait. I also recently picked up a used GHL twin can muffler and a black top/frame with glass rear window so not much left to purchase which is good the wallet has been taking a beating
Old 03-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #6

Sounds like it's coming together and your having a good time. Look forward to seeing and hearing about the results.

89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote