Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #1

Welcome to Illinois....NOT!!!!

Bit of a vent here....
Just moved to Illinois from Hawaii not too long ago....Heck, just got my Illinois license a few days ago....Anywho.....

I have had a recurring problem in Hawaii with my coolant resevoir....Had it replaced because it was cracked. 3 months later in Hawaii it happened AGAIN!! Had it checked and they claimed everything checked out OK....No problems the next few months in Hawaii....

Get to Illinois and intermittent leaks occurred again! Took it to a good Porsche dealership in the western suburbs and they tell me the problem....Looks as tho one of the hoses has a slice about 6-8" long leading from the end which attaches to the tank. Mechanic said (and showed me the hose) that it looked like whoever attached it probably cut open the box it was in and cut the hose as well! How could the dealership in Hawaii not have seen this? REALLY pisses me off that they could be so negligent!

So I'm sitting at home waiting for a call from the dealership as they had to overnite the hose.....I get a call this afternoon saying that they fixed the problem BUT there is another problem....Seems as tho they were road testing it, and while the mechanic was stopped at an intersection, a lady in an Escalade rammed into my back end!!!! She was cited and all, now doing the insurance swap and all....Messed up the trunk, bumper, taillights, and at least one of the rear fenders....7 months ago I was hit by a flying lava rock! Whats next???

On the bright side, they DID give me a 2006 Boxster loaner.....Verrrry nice......

Lou

Work done '06 :Replaced bad hose and clamps from reservoir tank
oil change and filter
replaced seals on both cam covers
brakes bled and refilled
Replaced bent rear right lower control arm
Front air dams and 3 underbody panels replaced
Halogen headlamps replaced
bigislandboxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:30 PM   #2

Holy ****************, that went from bad to worse.

I do aggree there is a cherry on top of this $hit parade....you get a SWEET loaner car.

KRZ
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #3

Wow, that truly sucks !

That loaner is a nice gesture on their part but a Box in Chicago in February sounds like automotive frustration. They should let you take your pick of the freakin cars on their lot after that mishap. I'd push for Cayman/911, although a Cayenne might be most practical.

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
bmussatti

bigislandboxster, sorry to hear about the problem. That really sucks!

How did you pay for the repair in Hawaii? Possibly you can call your cedit card company, and have them reverse the charges. Get a letter from the dealer here for back-up with the credit card company stating poor workmanship from the Hawaii dealer.

Hope everything gets worked out well and quickly.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #5

I know all about rear end collision's...shoot me a message if you any questions. I just went through it all. Sorry for the accident...I grew up in IL...not sure what that contributes to the conversation, but you can use that as trivia at your next party.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:16 PM   #6

5 years ago I had an Infiniti and while stopped at a red light a women rear ended me while she was talking on a cell phone, not fast, 15 mph.

Fast forward 4 years, at the same damm red light within the exact hour of the day of the last incident, a woman rear ends my Boxster while talking on a cell phone

Not fast, maybe 8 mph this time. I got out, walked to the passengers side of the truck she was driving (her boyfriend in the passengers seat thought I was going to whip some ass), he rolled the window down and a big harry arm (mine) reached in and opened the glove box and grabbed the insurance proof form. I immediatly took the form back to my Porsche and called the Police!

bigislandboxster you were lucky, the women that smacked me, her cheap ass insurance tried to give me a Dodge Neon!!!

I said just give me the rental car money instead

2000 2.7 Lapis Blue Boxster, Sports Pkg, Lit, Tip, Exhaust, De amber'fied
1983 911 SC Coupe 3.0 Gaurds Red (restoration, in pieces)
199? 993 Coupe Gaurds Red (lurking for....)
rbennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:23 PM   #7
PSP

Next time, before you leave - make a monument to your car with the coral graffiti off Queen Kaahumanu Hwy

Sorry to hear about your car...
PSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:41 AM   #8

Talking

As much as I am a libertarian at heart, I am getting to where I would support a ban on cell phones in cars.

Some BROAD (I use this term sparingly) almost hit me yesterday. On the cell phone and fixing her hair (in her SUV of course).

This left HOW MANY HANDS for the steering wheel???????????????????

Aye Carumba!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:09 AM   #9

Thanks for the support!

Moving has been a little tough, but then this happened.....Nothing like a little extra drama in my life :ah: .....

Talked to the police who cited her and my insurance company, shes going to take care of everything, costs to fix and rental car as well.....She admitted blame at the scene, dealerships on my side as well as the police, so she knows she doesn't have a case at all. Most of this should be sorted out Monday....

Weathers been relatively good here, well, for February anyway .....

The officer at the scene said she admitted to monkeying with her OnStar program when this happened.....She was from North of the city and was trying to find the Oakbrook mall.....

Should know more this Monday, gonna try and get a shot of the damage then as well.....

oil change and filter
brakes bled and refilled
Old 02-11-2006, 07:24 AM   #10
bmussatti

bigislandboxster, who will do the body work? Was the car at Westmont Porsche?

FYI, the PCA Chicago section is having a meeting on 2/26 at Westmont Porsche. Are you planning to go?
Old 02-11-2006, 07:57 AM   #11

Yeah, the car is at Westmont Porsche, thats who was working on it....They seem to be pretty standup so far....They recommended International Body Shop in Elmhurst, say they get their work done there, so I'm going to give them a try unless you've heard something to the contrary....

Don't know if I'll have the car back by then, so we'll see about the PCA meeting

oil change and filter
brakes bled and refilled
Old 02-11-2006, 08:34 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigislandboxster
Moving has been a little tough, but then this happened.....Nothing like a little extra drama in my life :ah: .....

Talked to the police who cited her and my insurance company, shes going to take care of everything, costs to fix and rental car as well.....She admitted blame at the scene, dealerships on my side as well as the police, so she knows she doesn't have a case at all. Most of this should be sorted out Monday....

Weathers been relatively good here, well, for February anyway .....

The officer at the scene said she admitted to monkeying with her OnStar program when this happened.....She was from North of the city and was trying to find the Oakbrook mall.....

Should know more this Monday, gonna try and get a shot of the damage then as well.....

Funny, I was in OaK Brook this week!

Old 02-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #13

Hmmm, now THAT is a coincidence!

Not exactly a stones throw from Cali!

Checkin out the mall?

oil change and filter
brakes bled and refilled
Old 02-11-2006, 08:53 AM   #14
bmussatti

Quote:
Yeah, the car is at Westmont Porsche, thats who was working on it....They seem to be pretty standup so far....They recommended International Body Shop in Elmhurst, say they get their work done there, so I'm going to give them a try unless you've heard something to the contrary....

Don't know if I'll have the car back by then, so we'll see about the PCA meeting

No, I don't have a body shop recommendation. I'm sure the dealer knows where good work is done.

You should go to the meeting, you don't need to have your car there. The meeting agenda is a Concours School and a Chili Tasting!
Old 02-11-2006, 08:54 AM   #15
bmussatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucelee

Richard, are you in Oak Brook often? My office is in Oak Brook.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:20 AM   #16

Quote:

Hmmm, now THAT is a coincidence!

Not exactly a stones throw from Cali!

Checkin out the mall?
I still have a healthcare consulting practice that is a part time gig for me. I was in seeing a client.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #17

Wasn't the Bozo show from Oak Brook? I loved that chap when I was a kid! Nothing like the grand prize game...I hope somebody knows what I am talking about or this is going to seem like a really weird post. I grew up in Champaign and my TV was stuck on Channel 9 WGN.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

Old 02-13-2006, 06:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
Wasn't the Bozo show from Oak Brook? I loved that chap when I was a kid! Nothing like the grand prize game...I hope somebody knows what I am talking about or this is going to seem like a really weird post. I grew up in Champaign and my TV was stuck on Channel 9 WGN.
If you are talking Bozo the clown, we had a local NJ version of the show. I loved him too, although later we used to call a guy a "bozo" if he was a clown of a different ilk.

BTW-I was offered a job once located in Champain. I spent three days there checking it out.

Small world, no?

Old 02-13-2006, 05:04 PM   #19

Very small....aren't we 7 people removed from knowing everybody in the world?

Yep, I was talking about Bozo the clown and do you remember Wizzo the wizard? He ran around saying doodee doodee doodee. Um, this really got weird...going back to my beer and TV.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

Old 02-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to asnigro
Welcome to Illinois!

Bozo had a sidekick named cookie right? With orange hair? I grew up in south-eastern Wisconsin, but now live in the Western suburbs. I loved to practice the Grand Prize Game at home with garbage cans!

asnigro is offline   Reply With Quote