View Single Post
Old 02-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #1
bigislandboxster

Welcome to Illinois....NOT!!!!

Bit of a vent here....
Just moved to Illinois from Hawaii not too long ago....Heck, just got my Illinois license a few days ago....Anywho.....

I have had a recurring problem in Hawaii with my coolant resevoir....Had it replaced because it was cracked. 3 months later in Hawaii it happened AGAIN!! Had it checked and they claimed everything checked out OK....No problems the next few months in Hawaii....

Get to Illinois and intermittent leaks occurred again! Took it to a good Porsche dealership in the western suburbs and they tell me the problem....Looks as tho one of the hoses has a slice about 6-8" long leading from the end which attaches to the tank. Mechanic said (and showed me the hose) that it looked like whoever attached it probably cut open the box it was in and cut the hose as well! How could the dealership in Hawaii not have seen this? REALLY pisses me off that they could be so negligent!

So I'm sitting at home waiting for a call from the dealership as they had to overnite the hose.....I get a call this afternoon saying that they fixed the problem BUT there is another problem....Seems as tho they were road testing it, and while the mechanic was stopped at an intersection, a lady in an Escalade rammed into my back end!!!! She was cited and all, now doing the insurance swap and all....Messed up the trunk, bumper, taillights, and at least one of the rear fenders....7 months ago I was hit by a flying lava rock! Whats next???

On the bright side, they DID give me a 2006 Boxster loaner.....Verrrry nice......

Lou

Work done '06 :Replaced bad hose and clamps from reservoir tank
oil change and filter
replaced seals on both cam covers
brakes bled and refilled
Replaced bent rear right lower control arm
Front air dams and 3 underbody panels replaced
Halogen headlamps replaced
bigislandboxster is offline   Reply With Quote