Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #21

Garage
For me it's hard top on or top down all together, I just do not like the plastic at all. It's easy enough to remove that when weather is good I can just take it off and enjoy driving the car top down all together.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymanwatchthis View Post
Rooster - that is a top I am considering. Are the guys in Shelby good to work with?

We should get together for a drive especially with Mountainman - he knows all roads around here very well!

I have been to a couple of meetings at Harmony - have a couple of young boys so spare time is hard to come by !
Good idea on the get together.Tuesday would be great as they are calling for snow,I do have a hardtop on.LOL.The hardtop in Shelby is still on the car so all the hardware is still there and it is BLACK,would look good on your white car.They are great people to work with.
Old 02-15-2015, 02:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymanwatchthis View Post
Jake - thanks - I would probably have a black top with my white car. Have you considerd plasti-dip your wheels to match the top, that would look great. Plasti-dip is easy and reversible. By the way I see you are in Greenville - we should get local forum members together for a drive.
Did someone say get together and ride.I'm game.It's about time to go to Greenville to THE GREAT WALL for some great Korean food.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:28 AM   #24

Rooster,

Sounds good! Greenville also has an amazing cars and coffee every month. We can try to contact local forum members for spring drive. Thanks for heads up about the Shelby guys, sounds like you have seen the car.

Gary
Old 02-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #25

Slate,

I think your question is a great one, I have wondered this myself which is why I made the post.

Porsche9,

I like your answer to State's question, that is biggest reason I am interested. Soft tops are great but plastic window tops require lots of care. Having a hard top is cool, I really like Caymans. Having removable hard top means having best of both!

Gary
Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #26
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
I use my hardtop from October to May since a no touch car wash is the only option in the winter. Also like the heated window. Scraping ice off the convertibles plastic window is not possible....

Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.

Last edited by Paul; 02-16-2015 at 06:15 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:11 PM   #27

Love my black & white...