986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Porsche Parade 2015 (http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55784)

davedeck 03-22-2015 11:02 AM

I contacted the dude putting on the rally and my grandson has to be 16 to participate so I'm still looking for a navigator.

Fintro11 03-22-2015 12:31 PM

Was talking to the national pca president yesterday and parade registration has passed last years already. Looks like it will be a great event!

husker boxster 03-22-2015 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fintro11 (Post 441363)
Was talking to the national pca president yesterday and parade registration has passed last years already. Looks like it will be a great event!

Wow! There were over 1200 cars registered for Monterey. Maybe registration for F.L. is up because it's the 60th Parade or F.L. is in the middle of the country and will be easier for everyone to congregate there vs the left coast.

If you're attending, you better get your hotel nailed down right away. Looks like you'll be just about doubling the population of 1800.

At last yr's, I was filling my car up and a local came over and asked what was going on? He said there must be a 1000 Porsches driving around. I said he was close, there were 1200.

laphan 03-25-2015 08:34 AM

Any update on plan of having 986 forum corral?

davedeck 03-29-2015 05:09 PM

If I understand the registration packet, you are assigned a parking space but I don't see why we couldn't find a spot for our own corral. I'm staying 30 miles away in Jasper. $140 a night is a little steep for the Parade hotels. Let's get a show of hands a little later for attendance. I'll be in the area in two weeks to visit family in Louisville and can spot out some meeting places for the corral. Hell we could even do our own tour. I know the hills there.

mountainman 03-30-2015 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster (Post 441419)
Wow! There were over 1200 cars registered for Monterey. Maybe registration for F.L. is up because it's the 60th Parade or F.L. is in the middle of the country and will be easier for everyone to congregate there vs the left coast.

If you're attending, you better get your hotel nailed down right away. Looks like you'll be just about doubling the population of 1800.

At last yr's, I was filling my car up and a local came over and asked what was going on? He said there must be a 1000 Porsches driving around. I said he was close, there were 1200.

One reason is that being in the middle of the country it is accessable to more members. Put it on one coast and it makes a very long trip for those on the other coast.