Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 10:47 AM   #1

Smile Newbie

I'm a newbie, just picked up my 987 Boxster S last week, and I am very excited for some nice weather. Need to get that top down. I'll post a couple of pics here. This forum is a great source of info, happy to join. I'll also throw in a pic of my other car, VW Touareg.

Last edited by drburton; 03-26-2006 at 05:20 PM.
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:02 AM   #2

drburton, nice pics! some ?'s for you. you're a new owner, what prompted you to buy your box? did you have to make a decision between manual and tip? was it an issue? is your box new or used?

the reason for the questions is i'm looking at boxes, trying to decide if i can live with the box as an everyday driver. etc. any feedback? thanks.

any other forum regulars want to jump in and let me know your feelings?
boxsterdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:10 AM   #3

Nice looking rides....That Teg in black looks sharp too. Are those Porsche wheels on it?

Last edited by Adam; 03-27-2006 at 06:13 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 AM   #4

Regarding my decision to buy the boxster, this is kinda how it went:

Wife and I decided we wanted a summer car, so we started looking. I wanted a used 911 so we drove a couple of those. Was very close to pulling the trigger on one, but we decided to try a boxster b/c we could afford to buy one new - under warranty etc.. My wife actually likes driving the Boxster better than the 911. I'm a bit hung-up on the 911, but when I drove the Boxster S, I was hooked. Great handling and a blast to drive.

We bought the car technically used. It had 300 miles on it and was sold at a Chrysler dealer. Chrysler had purchased it as a fleet car, then resold it through their dealer network.

We went with a manual transmission b/c our other cars are both SUV's and a manual is just more fun to drive. I live in Minnesota, so it wouldn't really work great as an everyday car, we will use it in the Summer only.

Adam, the wheels on the Treg are not Porsche but are very similar to the Porsche Techno wheels that you can get on the Cayenne. They are Mille Miglia that I bought at the Tire Rack.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics!!
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:45 AM   #5

thanks for the imput.
boxsterdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:52 AM   #6

Hi BoxsterDreamin,
I bought a 2004 base model with 3500 miles about 4 months ago and drove it every day this winter...used to have a mustang as an everyday driver so you kind of get used to not following too close and being Hyper-aware of those around you. Fortunately we didn't get too much snow but the Boxster went like a champ with the snow tires I purchased and irrespective of the weather this car is a blast to drive. I have a couple of street rods that are tucked away for the winter...with good reason (way too much HP for wet roads) but the Boxster is such a well balanced car that driving in bad weather is possible and perversely enjoyable...hand washing in freezing weather isn't so much fun!
Paul

stock as a rock
ford40 is offline   Reply With Quote