Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 06:43 AM   #4
drburton

Regarding my decision to buy the boxster, this is kinda how it went:

Wife and I decided we wanted a summer car, so we started looking. I wanted a used 911 so we drove a couple of those. Was very close to pulling the trigger on one, but we decided to try a boxster b/c we could afford to buy one new - under warranty etc.. My wife actually likes driving the Boxster better than the 911. I'm a bit hung-up on the 911, but when I drove the Boxster S, I was hooked. Great handling and a blast to drive.

We bought the car technically used. It had 300 miles on it and was sold at a Chrysler dealer. Chrysler had purchased it as a fleet car, then resold it through their dealer network.

We went with a manual transmission b/c our other cars are both SUV's and a manual is just more fun to drive. I live in Minnesota, so it wouldn't really work great as an everyday car, we will use it in the Summer only.

Adam, the wheels on the Treg are not Porsche but are very similar to the Porsche Techno wheels that you can get on the Cayenne. They are Mille Miglia that I bought at the Tire Rack.

Thanks for the compliments on the pics!!
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote