Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #1

AOS Replaced now P0341 what did I break?

97' 2.5

Several hours over the weekend replacing my AOS - through the wheel well mothod- bet I could do it now in 1/3 the time.

Anyway, started and drives great- no more smoke, seems more lively. 5-6 miles later CEL P0341 (CPS I believe). Read several posts about possible shorts being the culprit.

Questions? If it's shorting, would it run so well? Possible I pinched or damaged a wire doing the AOS? Where is the plug in for the CPS?

Any thing else appreciated.

Thanks.

Jb

theboogins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #2

Garage
The CPS is just below the AOS. On the right side of the case, the big black sensor @ 3:00 position with the wire coming off to the right.

Old 12-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #3

Thanks, great picture

Thanks for the good picture- I guees I need to see if I goofedup the wire or pinchec it.
I read somewhere that I can do a reset by turn the key on for 90 secs.

Opinion on that.

Thanks.

Jb
theboogins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #4

Disconnecting the battery will also remove the CEL memory but it will return if the problem persists.
If you have disconnected the battery, you need to configure the throttle body as well - the car will do this automatically but it takes a few completed heat cycles.

Throttle body synchronisation = disconnect / reconnect the battery, switch on ignition for 60 seconds (all dash lights lit) but don't start engine. Switch off for 15 -30 seconds and then start he car.