Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #1

Garage
Is this an alignment issue?

Brand new control arms, sway bar bushings, shocks, and tie rods. Along with an alignment. Replaced the center mount a couple hundred miles ago and the rear mounts about 5k miles ago.
My car drifts right probably due to road crown, but I can correct it by hitting the gas. Should it pull that much on acceleration?

Last edited by CoBeerToad; 10-17-2014 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Corrected direction of drift for road crown. Left? What was I thinking?
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBeerToad View Post
Brand new control arms, sway bar bushings, shocks, and tie rods. Along with an alignment. Replaced the center mount a couple hundred miles ago and the rear mounts about 5k miles ago.
My car drifts left probably due to road crown, but I can correct it by hitting the gas. Should it pull that much on acceleration?
Sounds like you need to have it re-checked. Perhaps something slipped out of place.
Old 10-16-2014, 05:03 PM   #3

Garage
The place you had the alignment done familiar with Porsche? Did they put weight in the driver’s seat?

300K Mile Club

Last edited by Jager; 10-17-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Typo... Missed the "S" in Porsche... Dang it.
Jager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 02:53 AM   #4

Garage
Are you calling me fat?

I'll bring it back in. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a final drive issue. I'm not ready for something like that.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:10 AM   #5
On the slippery slope

Garage
When my alignment was done a few weeks ago, I sat in the car on the rack and the tech noted the difference in values. After he finished, he again check with me in it it as well to make sure it was spot on. And all for $60!
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #6

Garage
Brought it back to them and they said they did not have any weight in the driver seat when they did the alignment.

This whole summer, I was dreaming about how awesome this car was going to ride once I replaced all of the suspension. It was a constant thought in my head. When I first got the car back, I was very unimpressed with how it handled. It was a big let down.

Now that I got it back after the alignment was properly done, it is everything I expected it to be. The car rides amazingly. I still got a couple months before the snow hits and today it is in the 70 degree range. I love being topless and I'm so excited that the permagrin is back.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #7

Garage
That is great Glad to here it's been resolved. Happy Boxstering.

* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote