Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
2003 Boxster S

Garage
DRL (Daytime Running Light) Wiring

So, I'm gonna tackle the LED DRL installation on my 2003 S, and I've amassed all the stuff I believe will be needed to sorta kinda make my 986 look newer :-)

My question is this, for anyone who has done this install, or who has installed any type of light assembly from the front bumper inward, what is the best line of action for wiring?

I've looked up/over/under/around the front fascia, but it seems pretty damn airtight (as it should be, I guess).

My point of origin will be the middle vent of the right and left air intake (DRLs with brackets), then somehow getting the wiring into the front trunk, where it will meet up with a automatic on/off relay that goes directly to the battery.

Powering it will be cake - but running the wiring install is what has me baffled. Ive seen several other posts on here that don't refer to "how they did it", or the description seems somewhat cryptic.

Anyone have ideas on this, and ideally, anyone have pics? (please?!?!) I think this information could be a good baseline standard for many, many projects.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
still plays with cars...

Garage
For the factory look....

Follow this link:

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/35094-drl-hack.html

you'll then be able to run your low beams any time the engine is running, total cost a buck or two, tops. Super easy, and it looks factory too.
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
2003 Boxster S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxsterSteve View Post
Follow this link:

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/35094-drl-hack.html

you'll then be able to run your low beams any time the engine is running, total cost a buck or two, tops. Super easy, and it looks factory too.

I appreciate that information - inexpensive solutions are my favorite!
Old 09-05-2021, 06:29 AM   #4

DRL Wiring

Did you wire the drls? If you did, how did you get the wires into the front trunk? Removing the bumper is not an option. I am sure 17 years has corroded the fasteners and that will create many problems. I am thinking drilling a hole into the trunk and adding a grommet to keep the trunk sealed. How did you mount the lights? Thanks for any insight.

dragonflyoh is offline   Reply With Quote