Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #21

I don't think I'm ever going to shake off that winter! Until we have one even worse anyway.

I agree that the occasional run on a cold dry day isn't going to do it any harm.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpit77 View Post
Yes Mark if I lived in " Winterpeg " my 986 would be snug as a bug in my garage. But here in Southern ON winter is a different thing.Snow, thaw,snow thaw repeat. Plowed city streets only. I just retired so I don`t need to be anywhere asap. Your post reads like you haven`t shook off last winter. Man you guy`s had a tough one !
I'd be more worried driving it it SWO than Manitoba. Much more salt in SWO - and the thaw is when the salty slush gets splashed up into the underneath. Manitoba gets way colder and because of this, use way less salt than Ontario. Having lived in both provinces for a number of years, I would say there are more rust buckets here than Manitoba.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #23

Garage
Last winter I was forced to leave mine outside due to no garage. Winter from hell, but was made a little better by my selfish box driving on days where I could get it out and unbuttoned. This winter its going to be in the garage under the cover I had but couldn't use last year. Its first real winter was rough, and if I have my way, its never going to experience that again.

jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote