Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2004, 11:16 AM   #21

Funny how this topic has been brought up, there are two driving events going on in my neck of the woods.
The first event is one that I am doing with my radio station on May 1st. It's the 99X Road Rally. This road event features three different road courses. Each road course has a starting line and participants get checkpoint cards. Checkpoints are set up all over Eastern North Carolina. Participants take their checkpoints cards into area businesses to have them checked off. The 99X Road Rally ends up at a night club in Atlantic Beach. The night club will have two live rock bands playing that night. Participants with their checkpoint cards filled out will put their cards into a registration box and win prizes from each of the participating businesses. This event was a huge success for us last year and we are doing it again. I should have more info on this on my radio station's web site www.wxnr.com later this month.

There is also TSD Rally coming up the next day, May 2nd. This Rally starts in New Bern, NC and runs all over the area. It was started by our local Honda S2000 Club, but a couple of us Boxster guys were invited. If any of you guys want to run in this let me know. Got plenty of room at my house if you guys want to crash. Remember...in a TSD Rally you have to have a navigator.

daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:10 PM   #22
Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to an_engnr
I'm also in Alexandria... let me know when 'group drives' come up; If I'm not committed to other things, I would be up for them.

By the way, I am going to the BRBS (www.brbs.org) at the beginning of June. Should be a blast!

-DS
an_engnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 04:51 AM   #23

I am so there! I didn't know anything about this event! Thanks for the info on it. I'll let my Boxster friends here on the Carolina Coast know all about it!

daman is offline   Reply With Quote