Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #21

I replaced the MOFO Battery Cable, and BAAAAAM No More Stalling!!!!!

I might still try to clean the MAF Sensor because the check engine is spitting the code for it, but that throttle body looks like a tedious job where I could mess things up. I couldn't even figure out how to get the hoses off in front of it. So I'll leave the throttle body alone.

It def sounded like a gunshot behind me, but it hasn't since I replaced the cable. It starts fine now. I wonder if it had anything to do with not having enough juice from the battery?

rock88hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 08:27 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster View Post
if the pop sounded like a gun shot behind you, your issue is a check valve located on top of the engine, mounted underneath the intake plenum on the drivers side of the engine, it has a plastic hard pipe that leads to the front of the engine bay and runs down to the under carriage along side other similar style plastic hoses... if your lucky You can test it but having the engine running, and engine cover off, locate the valve and give it a hard smack with the handle end of a screw driver, sometimes itll unstick and cel will go away but the cel will come back usually once the ecu tries to trigger that valve into another position, causing it to get stuck once again.

had the same thing happen to me (1 gun shot sound) and 986 was really under powered and I kept going back to maf and aos replacements till i did some research and made the proper fix.

Im talking about part 14 in the image below.
So glad to read this, my car suddenly failed on the highway and started stalling afterwards. I heard a loud short bang twice while starting the car several times. Sounds exactly like what I'm reading here. I've informed my garage on what I read. Let's see what the issue is... Anyway, this is what I like about forums such as these!

My Boxster: http://986forum.com/forums/show-tell-gallery/58649-1998-986-boxster-2-5-belgium.html
Bad_Pritt is offline   Reply With Quote