Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #1

what is your fave motorsport?

1-what is your favorite motorsport
2-how often to you watch
3-how long have you been watching
4-who is your favorite driver/team
5-what is your least favorite formula

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #2

1-what is your favorite motorsport - Open wheel: IRL,Cart, F-1

2-how often to you watch - I even watch NASCAR every week, but I love open wheel racing! I watch every race I can.

3-how long have you been watching - Went to my first Indy 500 in 1983, been watching ever since. Been to Michigan 500, Milwaukee, Colorado, Pocono, Dallas, it's a blast!

4-who is your favorite driver/team - Andretti Green now, used to really enjoy Bobby Rahal (now an owner) I just wish the IRL and CART (or whatever they call themselves now! Champ Cars?)could get back together and get the big turbos back on the Indy Track! I almost hate to admit it, but my favorite driver is Danica Patrick, she grew up about 20 miles from my hometown. Yeah she looks good, but she CAN drive. I think she's been grreat for the sport. Especially for people who don't follow it regularly.

5-what is your least favorite formula. (E=2m2)kidding! I don't like truck racing!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #3
bmussatti

My favorite motorsport is driving to a College Basketball game!

I drove down to St. Louis last year for the Final Four...that was really awesome!
Old 03-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #4

Fummala Wun, as that renowned man of the people, Bernie Ecclestone, calls it.
I have no earthly idea why. Like as not the race will be a parade.
Maybe it's to see what sort of unintended consequences Mosely & Co can create with their constant tinkering with the regulations.
My favorite at the moment is the 5 buck air restrictor on the Toro Rosso V10, which has vaulted them from the anticipated rear of the grid to mid-pack.
All the teams that spent hundreds of millions to develop 2.4 V8s must be saying to themselves, "Now, why didn't I think of that?"
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #5

Hi,
  • 1-what is your favorite motorsport - F1, IRL, CART

2-how often to you watch - Every Televised Race

3-how long have you been watching - followed F1, CART since I was a Kid - '60's

4-who is your favorite driver/team - Through the Years, Senna, Mario Andretti, Dan Gurney, Jim Clark, Nikki Lauda - currently D. Patrick (she is the Real Deal!), Rahal/Letterman Racing.
    Spent a lot of time at Newman/Haas in Libertyville, IL in the early '90's - Paul and Chris are really wonderful enthusiasts. I know Neil Mickelright (GM for Players Forsythe team), pretty well. Neil is a fellow Lotus Esprit Owner, we've hoisted a few on several occaisions - usually the National Lotus Convention. Neil, his Son and I have all raced in Vintage Races B4 - a really great Guy!

5-what is your least favorite formula - CART for Driving and F1 for the Technology

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 03-11-2006 at 09:33 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:39 AM   #6

Cars:

1 - F1 , ALMS, Champ Car (in that order)
2 - Every single one if I can manage it
3 - About 15 years now
5 - Drivers: Raikonnen, Montoya, Button, McNish, Lehto, Bourdais
Teams: McLaren, Honda, Ferrari, Audi
6 - NASCAR, no doubt. Puts me to sleep.

Bikes:

1 - AMA Superbike, MotoGP, AMA Formula Extreme
2 - As often as possible
3 - 2 years or so
4 - Riders: Hodgeson, R. Hayden, N. Hayden, Rossi, Vermullen, Pedrosa
Teams: Ducati, Yamaha, Honda
6 - dirt short track

Last edited by BuffaloBoxster; 03-13-2006 at 10:43 AM.
BuffaloBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 10:40 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzi
Like as not the race will be a parade.
Maybe it's to see what sort of unintended consequences Mosely & Co can create with their constant tinkering with the regulations.
Funny enough, the race was fantastic and they seem to have gotten it right for once. Let's hope they stop messing with it for a while
Old 03-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #8

Smile F-1 is there anything else?

1- F-1 & ALMS. Both are showcases for high tech.

2- All the time. I also tape them to enjoy them later.

3- On TV I watched F-1 whenever it was televised. On speed tv I watch it all the time. In person I watched GP racing at the 1957 GP of Habana. Saw Fangio win, Stirling Moss and Marques de Portago as a kid with my father. It was loud and no ads on cars at the time. Lots of Ferrari's, Maserati's and Alfa's. Next time at Watkins Glens when Alan Jones became champion with a Saudia- Williams. Ferrari was no good then. I attend the GP of Canada in June. I take my son and son in-law.

4- Drivers I enjoyed watching would say: Fangio, Senna, Schumacher, Raikkomen & Giles Villenueve, the father. Can not forget the GP of France in the eighties and watch Villenueve in his #27 Ferrari go wheel to wheel with Rene Arnoux in a turbo Renault for second place. They banged wheels at 200 mph on a long straightway. Arnoux conceded the position to Villaneuve ended in third. Teams, I like Ferrari, Williams, McLaren, Audi in ALMS series,

5- Nascar & IRL. Have total disdain for going around in a circle.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:12 PM   #9

F1 (also like WRC and MotoGP)

I watch every race of all three series

Been watching F1 for 18 years (started in high school!)

Ferrari - M Schumacher, Button, Kimi, Speed
Subaru - Solberg, Gali, Gronholm
Repsol Honda - Hayden, and of course Val Rossi the great doctor

Toyota & BMW, only driver I don't like is JPM
Kobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #10

1-what is your favorite motorsport - F1, ALMS (including LeMans), CART (in that order)

2-how often to you watch - F1 absolutely every race live on TV, and go to Canada every year. Have also been to Monza. Watch ALMS when I can and like to watch as much of LeMans as I can. CART, when its convienent.

3-how long have you been watching - F1 since the late 1970's. CART and ALMS since the mid 1980's.

4-who is your favorite driver/team - Drivers - Alboreto, Villeneuve (Gilles), Prost, Senna, Schumacher (Michael obviously), Gurney (never saw him race though) - Team - You mean there is any team but Ferrari?

5-what is your least favorite formula - NASCAR Truck Series. Come on, trucks? The next thing they will race is trailer homes!
9000RPMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to wombat7
1-what is your favorite motorsport

F1, Champ Car (Atlantics included), ALMS

2-how often to you watch

Any race I can see...

3-how long have you been watching

almost religiously for 4 years, but off and on before that

4-who is your favorite driver/team

Kimi Raikkonen and McLaren Mercedes, and now Transnet racing since I'm working for them

5-what is your least favorite formula

NASCAR... even more after the blatant disrespect that Jimmy Spencer showed to the F1 drivers during the commentary before the NASCAR race..

1984 944 NA

"Live Fast, Live Young, Leave a good skid mark" - James Dean
wombat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:38 AM   #12

TV - F1, ALMS
Live - watching spec miatas duke it out. No rules, just right. And any SCCA events.
Me driving - DE . I have thought about going to one of the 2 day race license schools. I have a b'day in June (Randall seemed to do pretty good on the b'day haul) so maybe I'll go for it.
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:52 AM   #13

Get into karts - cheaper and better racing...
Old 03-14-2006, 03:28 PM   #14
olly986

after the first really exciting grand prix of the season it as to be F1 back on top of my list, Le Mans 24 hours is something you have to be at least once in your life time.

I will miss the citroen team in the rally, but Peugeot will be back at le Mans with apparently a diesel engine (Audi also apparently)

the Paris-Dakar is also quite exiting, i nearly run it in the eighties

Alain Prost Cocoricooo!!
and in the new lads, Alonso, Raikkonen and the son of keke Rosberg who was splendid last sunday in F1

Sebastien Loeb in Rally

the most boring to watch is probably the BTCC or similar which was so good in the early years, what a shame but the top teams are gone now and who wants to follow a team like skoda?