Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 05:42 AM   #1

power seat

1998 Boxster. There is a module under the drivers seat. However, there is no power to the seat. I need to move the seat forward to get to the rear bolts to get the seat out of the way to fix the module. Does anybody know if there is a way to move the seat forward without power? This has happened once before and I don't want to pay a dealership another $250.00.
Any help, please
thanks,
Bill

irelandmoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #2

This might seem overly simple but , can you get to the harness that goes to the seat ?

Can you find the motor ? , if so take the two wires that go to the motor and use +12V on them to see which way it moves, if int he wrong direction reverse the wires and move where you need to.

I helped a buddy recently with a Window that would no roll up in his 7 series BMW, we simply unplugged the harness going to the motor and applied 12v directly to the motor to get the window up.....I used a small gel-cell battery like you see in emergency lights or a childs electric car to do this.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #3

Can't reach the motor due to limited space. There is a module under the drivers seat that may have became disconnected. That is what happened the last time. The seat rails are covering the two rear bolts holding in the seat. They are the only thing holding me up. Can't move the seat out of the way to get to the bolts. Once I move the seat it will be a piece of cake.

Last edited by irelandmoss; 07-20-2014 at 11:42 AM.
irelandmoss is offline   Reply With Quote