Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #1

Garage
Interior trim removal questions (for color swap)

A couple of questions about removing interior pieces (researching swapping out lights):

Does the intermittent wiper dial just pull straight off and then can be split into pieces? (So far the knob just pulls straight off, haven't checked out the lights behind the panel yet).
The upside down horseshoe trim just pops straight off with a removal tool? Then the buttons pop out the back?
My AC is in the lower slot, does the trim just pop off, then unscrew the unit?
How do you get the lighted trunk and frunk switches out? Can you then take the switches apart to get to what I assume is the SMD?
How do you replace the bulb/LED light in the handles?

Thanks!

Once you have the light switch out, how do you get the PCB light board out of the ring? (Use a small screwdriver to pry up from the inside, it just pops up. There is a retaining "ridge" inside the ring, you'll want to seat this side of the light board first when re-installing.)

2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby

Last edited by Coaster; 07-02-2014 at 08:07 PM.
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #2

Garage
I've read quite a bit, just looking for some confirmation. Any help would be appreciated.
2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Old 07-03-2014, 08:53 AM   #3
Custom User Title Here

Garage
See below...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
A couple of questions about removing interior pieces (researching swapping out lights):

Does the intermittent wiper dial just pull straight off and then can be split into pieces? (So far the knob just pulls straight off, haven't checked out the lights behind the panel yet).
Unsure.

The upside down horseshoe trim just pops straight off with a removal tool? Then the buttons pop out the back?
Yes.

My AC is in the lower slot, does the trim just pop off, then unscrew the unit?
Yes.

How do you get the lighted trunk and frunk switches out? Can you then take the switches apart to get to what I assume is the SMD?
How do you replace the bulb/LED light in the handles?
Unsure on these, as well. My car does not have these options.

Thanks!

Once you have the light switch out, how do you get the PCB light board out of the ring? (Use a small screwdriver to pry up from the inside, it just pops up. There is a retaining "ridge" inside the ring, you'll want to seat this side of the light board first when re-installing.)
Old 07-03-2014, 02:54 PM   #4

Garage
Thank you!