Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #1

Mentioning RMS in 4-sale ad

Hey,

I was wondering about the pros and cons of mentioning the RMS issue when listing a Boxster for sale, and what you guys thought about it.

I mentioned it in my new ebay listing (Check appropriate forum for that if you'd like to see it) but don't know if that's a good thing.

Had my RMS fixed before I listed it, Dealer says everything is fine, and also mentioned the clutch shows no wear, which is another positive in this situation.

I wonder, since it is no longer a problem, if I shouldn't have mentioned it...I don't want to scare people unnecessarily, and I certainly don't think the whole world is in the know about the RMS issue. Should be perhaps, but who am I to turn people off to a whole model of car, should they look at some of these forums, and be scared away?

I think to someone in the know, my car would be one with a few less worries. But to a neophyte (willing and with cash!!!) the mention of a specific problem regarding a specific make might be a major turnoff.

What do you think?

-James

'01 Boxster S and another baby on the way

jamscal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #2

I would NOT list it but be ready to furnish details if buyer asks about RMS and related issues.

Good luck with the sale.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote