Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #1

iPod/phone aux cable

PORSCHE
THIS IS ONE AFTERMARKET AUX INPUT CABLR FOR MP3 AND iPOD.
PORSCHE 8-PIN BLUE PLUG TO A 3.5MM AUDIO JACK.
MOST RADIOS REQUIRE YOU TO TURN ON THE AUXILIARY INPUT FOR THIS ADAPTER TO WORK. TO SEE HOW TO TURN YOUR RADIOS AUX SOURCE ON YOU MAY NEED TO LOOK AT YOUR OWNERS MANUAL OR ON LINE.
THIS IS A AFTERMARKET ITEM.
Hello, if you have any questions at all about this item simply go to the feedback section and click on contact member and I will be glad to help you in anyway I can. I answer ALL messages from Monday through Friday. Some days I get hundreds of messages so it might take me until the next day to get back to you. if you don't get a response to you message I didn't receive it. please send it again. Thank you and I hope you enjoy your item. Please remember to contact us if you have any problems with your purchase.
QUANTITY - 1

I don't know a lot about stereos but I took a chance and bought this 13 dollar cable in hopes I could unplug my cd changer and use it to play my iPhone or iPod. I know it won't charge the phone as it plugs into the headphone jack. By the listing description I put above does anyone have an idea of if it will work? I have a cr 220 deck and the Bose system with 6 disc changer and amp in my trunk

oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #2

I already turned on the AUX function on the headunit
Old 05-08-2014, 01:38 PM   #3

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I bought the cable from Becker in 2007 right after I purchased my car. It was straightforward to install the aux adapter and the description of the one you listed sounds very similar.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:40 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc-boxster View Post
PORSCHE
THIS IS ONE AFTERMARKET AUX INPUT CABLR FOR MP3 AND iPOD.
PORSCHE 8-PIN BLUE PLUG TO A 3.5MM AUDIO JACK.
MOST RADIOS REQUIRE YOU TO TURN ON THE AUXILIARY INPUT FOR THIS ADAPTER TO WORK. TO SEE HOW TO TURN YOUR RADIOS AUX SOURCE ON YOU MAY NEED TO LOOK AT YOUR OWNERS MANUAL OR ON LINE.
THIS IS A AFTERMARKET ITEM.
Hello, if you have any questions at all about this item simply go to the feedback section and click on contact member and I will be glad to help you in anyway I can. I answer ALL messages from Monday through Friday. Some days I get hundreds of messages so it might take me until the next day to get back to you. if you don't get a response to you message I didn't receive it. please send it again. Thank you and I hope you enjoy your item. Please remember to contact us if you have any problems with your purchase.
QUANTITY - 1

I don't know a lot about stereos but I took a chance and bought this 13 dollar cable in hopes I could unplug my cd changer and use it to play my iPhone or iPod. I know it won't charge the phone as it plugs into the headphone jack. By the listing description I put above does anyone have an idea of if it will work? I have a cr 220 deck and the Bose system with 6 disc changer and amp in my trunk
I used a aux cable in my car, the sound quality is better from a usb though!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:37 PM   #5

Also I watched a how to video on you tube and the guy unplugged the cd changer in both the trunk at the changer and also inside on the head unit is that neccessary?
Old 05-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #6

I used this setup for a couple of years until I finally replaced my head unit. It works fine and the sound quality is not bad. You only have to unplug the cable from the back of the 220. It is a very quick and easy job as long as you have the radio removal tools.
Propes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #7

Thanks guys, have some of the removal tools on the way
Old 05-12-2014, 04:44 PM   #8

Received the removal tools today. Which way do they go in?
Old 05-12-2014, 08:40 PM   #9

Mine said 'top' on each of them.

dghii is offline   Reply With Quote