Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 03:05 PM   #1

PSM switch inop question

Hey guys - 2002 Boxster S. 6 speed. PSM option. The PSM switch appears to be inop. I know it has worked in the recent past...

In "teching" the car for a DE this weekend I went to toggle the switch on/off. The switch only "floats" back and forth between the two positions. There is no "click" like you'd normally feel when disabling the system.

The yellow light does illuminate when the ignition key is turned to the accessory position, and it goes out (indicating the PSM system is on) when the ignition key is on, so I'll assume power is getting to the switch.

Does the failure of the switch to toggle between the two positions indicate a bad toggle switch, or does it indicate a problem in the PSM system itself, which in turn disables the switch's ability to turn the system on/off?

Edit: I should add - no problems/symptoms w/ the braking system, no codes being thrown.

Edit edit: Fuses E9, E10 and B9 all check good.

Inputs/ideas/solutions greatly appreciated! Thanks,

Rick

Last edited by RedTele58; 05-01-2014 at 08:07 PM.
RedTele58 is offline   Reply With Quote