Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 07:06 AM   #1

New Boxster Owner

Hi Everyone,

I joined awhile ago in my research into Boxsters. I finally picked one up, so I thought I would share!

It's a 2005 base with 58k, only options are preferred pkg and 18" wheels. PO owned it since new and kept every receipt from the car. It had exhaust valve failure at 33k miles and had the engine replaced under warranty (2008, so it's still the M97), clutch was done at the same time. Overall, its been well maintained, and still looks new.

I can't drive it yet, PO had a loan on it and I have to wait for the title to be cleared before I can register it. Should be early next week I'm hoping...

Here's a couple crappy phone pictures for now. I'll take some proper ones after I wash and wax it this weekend.

The only mods so far are Fabspeed cat-back and wheel spacers. I'm not planning on changing much, and this summer I just plan to drive it as is. Over the winter I might de-snorkel and get a BMC air filter, but I'm not sure yet.

My daily is a 2003 VW Jetta, and I've had problems leaving it stock...

Anyway, thanks for all the great information on this site, and I hope I can participate in some discussions even though I have a 987...

vrsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #2
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
The Fat Fives look nice on your Mk4.

Love your Boxster color combo, same as mine.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #3

Welcome to the family!

Boxsters are great looking and performing sports cars if you don't put another dime into them beyond maintenance... although I've modded the crap out of my car to make it look more like your car!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:49 AM   #4

Thanks guys, I'm looking forward to driving it! for now I've ordered an oil change kit, and am picking up a claybar kit and sealant to shine it up over the weekend.

The fat fives look good from 10 feet... they were cheap wheels that fit almost perfect without spacers, so I don't mind.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #5

Garage
I really like the jetta very clean looking car, its rare to be able to mod a car and make such an improvement... congrats on the boxster!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #6

Garage
Congrats and welcome to the forum. That you have a 987 will not be held against you! I have been a beneficiary of a lot of pre/post -purchase advise on this site when I got my 987!

2009 Boxster Metallic Blue
sudheendrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 04:31 AM   #7

Garage
Welcome, and enjoy nice looking car. I like the color. The clear side markers look nice with that color car.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #8

Thanks everyone!

Clear sidemarkers will likely be one of the first changes I make. First of few, I suppose, as I'm really looking forward to driving it as is. Should be joining PCA shortly, and participating in at least a few DE's this summer.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #9
Multi-Boxer Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsix View Post
Should be joining PCA shortly, and participating in at least a few DE's this summer.
PCA can be a lot of fun (at least my region is for me), same with the DEs. I'm going to try getting in on some down here.
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Deserion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
recycledsixtie

Garage
Welcome to the forum VR6. I hope you enjoy your new ride. It is a lot of fun.
Cheers, Guy

recycledsixtie is offline   Reply With Quote