Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 05:05 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavor 987S View Post
Then the cop did you a favor by giving you a non moving violation rather than a speeding ticket or display of speed ticket (both are moving violation).

This. The cop did you a favor.

Bad karma to fight the ticket. Just pay it and move on.

/

Old 04-26-2014, 05:40 AM   #22

That's what I am doing. I think I was more shocked on the amount but that of course includes fees etc. I'm over it.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #23

Having been in sales for decades and driving 750 to 1000 per week, it has become somewhat troublesome to see what use to be police agencies progressively evolve into aggressive revenuers in the past 5 to 10 years. No one can tell me otherwise, I see it every day.

Personally, my respect for law enforcement in general has fallen through the floor.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #24
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Yep. I've had 2 tickets in the past 6 months and 0 for almost 12 years before that.

Both tickets were in small towns that set up speed traps on the 1 highway that runs through or near town.
Obviously one of the few forms of revenue for their little craphole towns...
Wathena, KS is the worst I have ever seen. Enough that some angry locals that need to pass through that one turd town are starting to make some noise about it. They always always have someone pulled over.

I'm not saying that I and those others don't/didn't deserve the citation, just that I'm sure there are much more serious criminal violations occurring and that officers should be used to enforce those laws, not bust hard working citizens on their way to and from work for doing 63 in a 60...yeah, the Wathena cops will cite you for any slight infraction because its their bread and butter.