Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 04:46 AM   #1

rear cat delete pipes where to purchase ?

I'm slowly gathering bits for an exhaust makeover on my 2002 S. Recently scored a used set of headers/front 200 cell cats and a Dansk banana sport muffler. So now I need the rear cat delete pipes. I'm aware of Fabspeed and Che ? are these the two main players ? Based on a forum search it appears the Che are less expensive but currently not available ? Anyone have a used set they want to unload ?

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 06:21 AM   #2

I found a lightly used set of Fabspeed bypass pipes on the RennTech.org forum a number of years ago. Not sure how many are floating around these days, but mine were a good deal back then.

Good luck with your search and conversion.
PCA DE Instructor circa '95
jmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #3

Garage
I have the che ones. I like them alot. I was not aware however they are no longer avail.
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #4

Garage
I would just wait until the ones from Che(TopSpeed) are back in stock. I thought I saw that they will be available in May? They are a good value, I have mine installed with their exhaust. Try giving them a call. I think they are closed on Saturdays. Here is their contact info:

Contact Us
iPad Mini Dash Install
DEPO Tail Lights

Last edited by BruceH; 04-12-2014 at 01:30 PM.
BruceH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #5

I have had mine on order from Topspeed since the beginning of March. I checked with TopSpeed at the beginnng of April and they told me they were expecting a shipment around April 20th. I hope so but ya never know. If you pay in advance it will get you in line to receive, there is a waiting list and the shipment seems to be for a limited amount. You may want to get in line now. Good luck
Old 04-12-2014, 03:43 PM   #6
I am my own mechanic....

Fabspeed checking in. Sweet pipes. Two bungs on each to plug, and need to weld a short extension onto those elbows. But great looking and fat. Got pics if wanted.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:17 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceH View Post
I would just wait until the ones from Che(TopSpeed) are back in stock. I thought I saw that they will be available in May? They are a good value, I have mine installed with their exhaust. Try giving them a call. I think they are closed on Saturdays. Here is their contact info:

Contact Us
I sent an email thanks for the tip.
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
Old 04-13-2014, 06:45 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfuerst911sc View Post
I sent an email thanks for the tip.
Quick note, I wouldn't use the bolts from che, maybe it is just me but 4 of the 6 broke within 6 months. I replaced them with some stainless steel ones from Ace... the helpful place.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:58 PM   #9

The Fabspeed in my opinion are way over priced for what these are. Even the Topspeed at 200.00 is a lot for what these are. What are we talking 30 " of pipe and a flange ?
Old 04-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #10

Garage
For sure. You might have a decent exhaust place that can fab you some.