Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #1

Power Steering Fluid, where to add?

When I have my steering wheel cranked all the way, the steering makes a noise like as if the power steering fluid were low. How do I add/check the level?

thanks!

BobMarley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley1
When I have my steering wheel cranked all the way, the steering makes a noise like as if the power steering fluid were low. How do I add/check the level?

thanks!
It is highly unlikely that you need to add power steering fluid. Most vehicles with power steering (or boosted steering) make a noise when fully cranked. Consider it your "can't crank no more!" noise.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
It is highly unlikely that you need to add power steering fluid. Most vehicles with power steering (or boosted steering) make a noise when fully cranked. Consider it your "can't crank no more!" noise.
Hey DenverPete, speaking of "crank" and "noise" I hear it's about 13 degrees in Denver. My Box is sitting at DIA since Monday. I'm in Alabama till Friday and hope the Boxster will Crank and won't make a horrible noise! It was near 50 when I left!
Old 02-16-2006, 05:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdancd816
Hey DenverPete, speaking of "crank" and "noise" I hear it's about 13 degrees in Denver. My Box is sitting at DIA since Monday. I'm in Alabama till Friday and hope the Boxster will Crank and won't make a horrible noise! It was near 50 when I left!
Yeah, it went from 60 on Tuesday (had the top down) to snow today. But, as you know, the roads are already dry and it will probably be mostly gone by Friday. I HATE leaving my Box at DIA. I got lucky last time and managed to find 1 1/2 spaces right after a snow storm (messed up spaces).

Doubt you'll have any problems with your Box. After a long week of traveling and rental cars, it's SO nice to get into the Boxster and punch it a bit on that long drive back to Denver.

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
denverpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
Yeah, it went from 60 on Tuesday (had the top down) to snow today. But, as you know, the roads are already dry and it will probably be mostly gone by Friday. I HATE leaving my Box at DIA. I got lucky last time and managed to find 1 1/2 spaces right after a snow storm (messed up spaces).

Doubt you'll have any problems with your Box. After a long week of traveling and rental cars, it's SO nice to get into the Boxster and punch it a bit on that long drive back to Denver.
Yea, I found a spot in the garage on level 1, East side with concrete posts on both sides of the car! Total safety...even more ironic was the guy who had the spot directly in front of me was a Silver Boxster!