Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2017, 06:44 AM   #11

[QUOTE=jb92563;550860]So when I look at your Boxster pic I see red and black but for some reason the red in the Headlights is just making the headlight look too funky. The trim edge color seems nice but I think it needs black in the headlight instead of red.

As you may know light colors advance and dark colors recede and the red is drawing attention to all the shapes in the headlight which is in conflict with the smooth gentle lines of the outside of the car.

I think making the headlight recede with dark colors is more pleasing to the eye and provides just enough contrast to make the headlight look interesting rather than unsettling.

The white outline does delineate the headlights more which is not a bad thing.

I think of headlights like the eyes of a lady and the right coloring can make the difference between a sexy look or a disturbing look.

Most sexy looking eyes have dark accents. IMO

So literally, its what ever turns YOU on.

There I got rid of the freaky one.
I'm working on one more upgrade. Then I gotta take a break, should of took one before I started this.

Last edited by JBauer; 09-28-2017 at 06:47 AM.
JBauer is offline   Reply With Quote