Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #1

saggy driver's seat

i have 175k miles on my 2001 Boxster and the driver's seat is showing the wear. it feels like the support (plastic) under the seat has torn. has anybody else experienced this? what have you done to fix it?

it feels like the springs on your favorite chair have given up and you're sinking in the cushions. not very comfortable.

what is the socket needed to remove the seat? it looks like a reverse Torx. i'm not sure what it's called.

silverboxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:30 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverboxter View Post
what is the socket needed to remove the seat? it looks like a reverse Torx. i'm not sure what it's called.
I'm in the middle of swapping my seats out in my 2000 Boxster for GT3 sport seats. Here's the removal process:

You can use a regular 1/4", 6-point deep 10 mm socket. I used it w/ a 4" extension. (If you want to get fancy, an E12 reverse torx is the socket you asked about, but the deep 6-point 10mm fits perfect)

Drop the top when you start - much easier to work and lift seats out.

Then - follow instructions on this link - easy breezy...

Rennlist Member Gallery :: DIY GT3 Seats Install

Good luck!

Rick
Old 01-18-2014, 10:21 AM   #3

My driver seat is also sagging and the heated seat is broken in it. I'm thinking time to change out the seats as well this year. Anybody have heated seat suggestions that work with the 2001 Boxster?

katanihouse@shaw.ca is offline   Reply With Quote