Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 05:07 AM   #1
ddm

Doors squeak

I recently purchased a 2002 with 12,000 miles (2 wks ago). I really like the car, but both doors squeek with every bump in the road. Not a rattle, just a squeeky sound. Sometimes it is not as bad as others.

Any ideas? Could this be from Armor All or some other substance the dealer wiped the molding with to make it look good?

Anyone else had this problem? Thanks

ddm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:37 AM   #2

If it's cold out I have a clunk in the doors over bumps. Not that this helps you now, but I find when it warms up outside (70+) that the rattles and clunks subside some. I had little success with my dealer in addressing these issues (now I have a dash rattle at certain RPMs- hopefully they can fix that one). For the door rattles, the dealer basically put something on the seals that made my door greasy for weeks, but didn't fix the problem.
Onad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #3

I also have the same problem. Squeek form the doors where they meet the body(in door jam) at the back top of the door. Happens mostly on bumpy side roads. I also wouldnt mind getting some info on this if any of you guys have seen this before. I will post if I get any anwsers on my own.
KeithJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #4

Wink Door & Soft Top seal squeeks.

I have found a light coating of "super fine graphite" applied with a small artists brush and the rubbed over with your finger cures the squeeks on rubber to metal surfaces. It lasts about 3-4 months obviously depending on vehicle useage and the number of washes.
Cheers,
Glenn
insatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #5

In my case, adjusting the door striker eliminated the squeaks and rattles. Check by driving (slowly!) with your door opened. If the squeeks are gone, it's likely that the door striker / latch needs to be adjusted.

Gary

Gary Gaukler is offline   Reply With Quote