Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 04:24 AM   #1

Garage
M030

Anyone installed a M030 suspension kit that can attest to how much difference it made plus and minus? Also how difficult it was to install and set up?

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 04:51 AM   #2
edc
550 Anniversary

Garage
In the UK at £600 it is great value. Granted my original S suspension had 60k miles on it but the extra control, better braking, flatter cornering are all worth while. My complaint was that my car would shimmy when pressing on and going over cambered crests and would be squirming and unsettled as it came down the otherside. This is almost eliminated now. With a good geo it really makes you want to drive the card hard. Much stiffer then it would begin to get uncomfortable for the road. I did a 3000 miles blast through a variety of mountain areas in Europe including the Alps and the car handled superbly.
Sold: 986S - Zenith Blue - 18" Sport Classics - Black Zunsport grilles - Stainless silencer and manifolds - K&N panel - shortshift - M030 suspension - 75mm throttle body - custom 83mm intake - SmartTop - custom remap - MDS underdrive pulley
edc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:42 AM   #3

I did the MO30 ROW switch on a 993, on that application it transformed the car BUT, mine is a 1996 MY so the suspension was pretty tired to begin with. The looks / stance of the car is also much improved. With that experience I would not hesitate to do the same suspension set-up on a Boxster if I got another.
coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 07:58 AM   #4

Garage
I am looking at doing it on my 02 C4 initially and then possibly a boxster. Just wondering if it is something I want to tackle myself. I have a lift and am not afraid to get into it if there are not too many special tools to buy. I am sure the labor would be pricy if I have it done.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:14 AM   #5

I installed the M030 ROW on my 02 base Box back in August (@80k miles). Install was not difficult, just time consuming. Took to Indy for alignment immediately. As with coreseller, it transformed my car. Ride is firm but not to stiff for daily driver. Its been about 4k since install, front is is 5/8" lower and rear is 1/4" lower. Great DIY, and bang for the buck...
psquared39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #6

I did mine myself on 4 jack stands before I had a lift, it really was not that bad at all. It took me an afternoon with me putzing. Hardest part for me was getting at the rear top perch mount bolts inside the motor bay. You know what happens to anything you drop in there, at least on the 993......
Old 12-31-2013, 08:25 AM   #7

If you are a paying member (I am and just looked it over) on Renntech there is a Great DIY Tutorial there specifically for 996's which look to be tougher to do than my 993, it is referenced in this thread:

ROW M030 installation a DIY job? - Rennlist Discussion Forums
Old 12-31-2013, 12:05 PM   #8

The ROW M030 is worth it , transformed my boxster . I am thinking about ditching the PSS9 set up in my 996 for the ROW setup .

jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote