Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 05:32 AM   #1

Boxsterless trip to TOD

I'm vacationing in Topton, NC this week with my wife and dog. We drove her new Lexus ES350 from Houston (18 hours).

Yesterday, we drove Wayah road to Franklin for lunch. Not as many switchbacks as the Tail of the Dragon, but a lot of fun. 129 is just 10 minutes from our cabin, btw...

Next year I must figure out how to trailer my car here since we come here each year. I drove it up a few years ago, but now it has coil overs and is not a car you want to drive from Houston, especially with a wife who likes comfort and bringing the entire household with her...

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #2

Garage
Try hwy 28 that runs from franklin north to Fontana lake. It is also great. We drive wayah ( which is Cherokee for wolf) rd regularly and it is great. you also would like hwy 151 from the BRP down to candler, nc and also hwy 209 from I40 to hot springs. and of course, you have to do the cherahola skyway from Robbinsville to Tellico plains. Next year bring the boxster, come stay in our cabins in little Switzerland and I will show you roads that make the tail of the dragon look like an interstate. If you get down around young harris, ga stop and ear at brothers restaurant. It is great. Also, if you get into Asheville, be sure and take the Lazoom comedy bus tour. excellent entertainment with an informative tour of the city. Call me if you need any info on the area. 828 385 3100

mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote