Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #1

clamps/ clips for wind deflector attachment

hi everyone,
maybe I'm naive, but i have not been able to find any videos on how to attach the center wind deflector between the seats...could anyone explain this to me...i do have a piece broken on the clamp, attachment point on the roll bar on the drivers side.... is it necessary to replace this to keep from losing the deflector, or would it be ok for the time being?..Thanks for your help on this...boy, I really love this car!

William

986Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:54 PM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Cool View Post
hi everyone,
maybe I'm naive, but i have not been able to find any videos on how to attach the center wind deflector between the seats...could anyone explain this to me...i do have a piece broken on the clamp, attachment point on the roll bar on the drivers side.... is it necessary to replace this to keep from losing the deflector, or would it be ok for the time being?..Thanks for your help on this...boy, I really love this car!

William
I would replace the clip. They are sold as set. The windscreen does get inserted from the back of the car, the same direction it would probably blow out.

I haven't quite figured out the best way to install and remove the windscreen. The result was a broken clip.

To replace the clips, you need to remove the padding on the hoop behind the seat. I replaced one of mine about two weeks ago. There were three mounts on each roll bar pad on mine. I used a plastic putty knife to lever it out the top center a tad, then once the clip was in view, applied more force using a large pry bar. Once the center one was out it was easy to see the next two. The pry bar worked fine on removing it the rest of the way. I then drilled the rivets out, and installed the new clip. I then pressed the pad back into place - then smacked it in place with a rubber mallet after putting some towels on the pad.
BFeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 06:58 PM   #3

howdy, thank you very much for your reply my car didnt have the center deflector so just picked one up on ebay.... don't want to lose it so soon after getting it

William
Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 PM   #4

Old 05-22-2015, 03:54 AM   #5

why thank you, Norm......boy, i have a lot to learn...
William
Old 05-28-2015, 03:04 AM   #6

Garage
Anyone know where I can get replacement grill inserts - the one behind the passengers head in the head roll bar flew off few weeks ago while driving....
Old 05-28-2015, 05:24 AM   #7

I think Auction is your best bet unless someone on this forum has them, I will need to get these too eventually...it's not high on my list at the moment, as I need to replace the attachment points for my windstop, anyway, hope this helps...looks like there are a few sets available now, or perhaps try and find them at a pick and pay type salvage yard.. hope this helps you out....

William