Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
rsf

Garage
2003 Boxster - p0335 crankshaft position sensor a code

Hi everyone...I'm hoping someone can help. I've searched the forum, but can't find anything specific to this code.

I was driving home last night and the check engine light came on...when I got home and hooked up my OBDII the code p0335 crankshaft position sensor a came up. A few questions -

- What would cause this?
- How hard is it to replace and can anyone point me to some how to articles?
- Is it safe to drive until I can get this resolved?...the car runs fine when cold, but gets a little finicky (hard to start) when at normal operating temps for a while

I've recently replaced the Transmission Cooler Control Valve (Tiptronic) and wondering if that would have anything to do with this as it just started happening after the Transmission Cooler Control Valve was swapped out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

rsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #2

The CPS is on the back side of the engine on the passenger side. It is very close to the transmission and looks to be difficult to get to. The connector is above the sensor and to the right (facing form the rear). People have done so by removing the passenger wheel. I found this out by some research on the RennTech forum and Google when I thought I had a CPS problem.

If your CPS is failing, it could leave you stranded and unable to start your car. I believe that once started it will continue to run. At lease my research seemed to indicate it. But no guarentees there.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
rsf

Garage
After further investigation (under the car with the rear passenger wheel off), I found the connector (see attached) dangling...is this the connector for the CPS? I'm wondering if I reseat it, and attach it to where it should be attached if it would solve my issue(s).

Thoughts anyone?
Attached Images

rsf is offline   Reply With Quote