Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 03:00 AM   #1

Newbie Boxster S from Oz - Finally with pics!

Hey guys, I'm a proud new owner of a 2002 Boxster S. I'm from Melbourne, Australia and so far have been having the greatest of joy and widest of smiles for the past 2 months enjoying the awesome Boxster S. Have been loving this awesome forum ever since I began my research into the boxster prior to purchase and has been absolutely helpful. So far since pickin gup the car, I've had it serviced, had the LN Engineering IMSB done and the coolant reserviour tank replaced (was suddenly leaking coolant all over the garage floor one afternoon after a spirited drive), and now next on the list is to fix the bloody horn (not working at all), then probably new bumpers and hopefully the Gemballa GT rear replacement spoiler (if its still available). Looking forward to a long happy membership with this forum. The weather has been relatively crap recently so haven't had the chance to get it washed or take any pics so here they finally are. Hope you guys like it. Wishing you all, "Happy Boxstering"...

Oh and here are a couple of pics of my Boxster S with its distant cousin and garage mate, Skoda Octavia RS (apologies for the low quality and graininess, was taken with the phone at the time). Looks like I've caught the yellow fever

Last edited by yellowboxsters; 07-09-2013 at 03:10 AM.
yellowboxsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:39 AM   #2

She looks fantastic - enjoy!

Brad
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:12 AM   #3

Wow I love the headlights....
Boxster 986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:54 AM   #4

Looks nice mate, yellow with black interior goes really well. Almost as well as those circular looking tyre marks on the carpark go next to the Boxster in the first two pics..!

Cheers from Sydney
qstoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #5

Garage
Cheers from Atlanta, Georgia. Love the car. Great color combination. Welcome to the Boxster family.
DawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
pjv

Garage
Hi there, great looking car, I always liked yellow but the wife said no so had to go with a more 'sensible' colour!

Since it looks like you are in Melbourne, can you tell me who did your IMS and what did it cost? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks.
Peter
pjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv View Post
Hi there, great looking car, I always liked yellow but the wife said no so had to go with a more 'sensible' colour!

Since it looks like you are in Melbourne, can you tell me who did your IMS and what did it cost? PM me if you prefer.

Thanks.
Peter
Yeah mate when I first showed the wife the ad of the car, she said what? yellow? No.....Anyways, next day, we went to have a look and that was it, she was convinced it looked great in the flesh and gave me the go ahead. SO needless to say, I jumped at the chance

I got it done at Weltmeister in Richmond and was quoted $2000 plus GST so $2200 all up but this was for manual only as auto will cost a fair bit more as the entire engine needs to be dropped out as I was told. Great bunch of guys there and very competent at what they do.

Where abouts are you in Melbourne Peter? Would like to organise a Melbourne Boxster mini meet or something and a drive. PM me if you like mate.

Last edited by yellowboxsters; 07-10-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgFan View Post
Cheers from Atlanta, Georgia. Love the car. Great color combination. Welcome to the Boxster family.
Thanks DawgFan, wifey and I fell in love with it when we saw it in the flesh. Couldn't resist. Me especially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qstoria View Post
Looks nice mate, yellow with black interior goes really well. Almost as well as those circular looking tyre marks on the carpark go next to the Boxster in the first two pics..!

Cheers from Sydney
Thanks qstoria, the tyre marks were already conveniently there. I assure you, they weren't mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxster 986 View Post
Wow I love the headlights....
Thanks mate, they were one of the first mods I did to the car withing 3 days of ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstar View Post
She looks fantastic - enjoy!

Brad
Thanks southernstar, I definately will as have everyone else here on this forum
Old 07-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
pjv

Garage
Hi again, I had a quote from Weltmeister since that is where I get mine serviced, and as you say it will be a few hundred more since it is a Tip. That's a pity, since I bought a Tip so that my wife could drive it and she never has in nearly 3 years. Wish I bought a manual instead!

I am in Bayside, and I can only remember one other Melbourne Boxster owner on this forum since I have been watching it. Have you tried the Great Ocean Road yet? I get down there a bit, and it is great in the Box! Maybe post a few photos here too.

Cheers
pjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #10

Garage
It's a known fact, that Speed Yellow is the fastest color that Porsche has ever offered !
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #11
Redmond's Boxster

Garage
Hi

We're did you get them led headlights from? Do you have a link? Thanks
Redmond Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
It's a known fact, that Speed Yellow is the fastest color that Porsche has ever offered !
Ha Ha...I agree especially when Porsche themselves backs it up with calling it "Speed Yellow"!!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmond Boxster View Post
Hi

We're did you get them led headlights from? Do you have a link? Thanks
PM'd you..........
Old 07-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv View Post
Hi again, I had a quote from Weltmeister since that is where I get mine serviced, and as you say it will be a few hundred more since it is a Tip. That's a pity, since I bought a Tip so that my wife could drive it and she never has in nearly 3 years. Wish I bought a manual instead!

I am in Bayside, and I can only remember one other Melbourne Boxster owner on this forum since I have been watching it. Have you tried the Great Ocean Road yet? I get down there a bit, and it is great in the Box! Maybe post a few photos here too.

Cheers
Yeh that's a pity mate, I too were in the same dilemma but fortunately I taught my wife to drive stick a few years ago and she agreed that I should get a manual since its a 'sport car'. Big plus about it though was when i was told by the guys at both Autoart and Weltmeister that its more costly for tip's to be done
Since there's not many Boxster owners on the forums based in melb, we should tee up a couple more and do some sort of meet and cruise down the best roads in Vic. I'm looking forward o a great ocean road cruise. Care to join me? You're most welcome. PM me and we'll swap details if you like