Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2006, 02:38 PM   #1

Just received my Evolution Car Cover..very nice.

Just a quick note... I just received an Evolution 4 car cover from Auto Anything. It is very nicely made. I went for the custom fit cover. It is lightweight and the inside of the cover is a soft non paint harming cloth. I paid under 170.00 for it shipped with a storage bag.

check out autoanything.com if interested...

AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:51 PM   #2

Is it and outdoor car cover? I went through the hassle of a black car and outdoor car cover in the past as well. If its an outdoor car I would strongly urge you only to use the car cover after washing the car. The micromarring of the paint when the car isn't totaly clean can turn into a nightmare of constant swirl removal. I used my Noah car cover on my previous black weekend car but it would have been out of the question for a daily driver.
Black looks beautiful when polished and waxed but requires lots of caution. Basically touch the paint as little as possible and always wet down the surface before washing, claying or buffing.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:59 PM   #3

I'm sold on flannel lined myself. Sure it leaves some lint on the top but nothing a $3 lint roller cant handle. Plus it is so soft on the inside. Of course, this is for garaged cars only.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 09:03 PM   #4

Hi,

Congrats! I use an Evolution 4 Cover on my Lotus Esprit and it's great. My Esprit is Black and everything shows. But the Evolution 4 Cover has yet to leave any scratches in over 8 years of use, I know you'll be pleased with it...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #5

Follow up to Perfectlap.. the car is garage kept on this end. I plan to use the cover when I am away or just not driving for a few days. I have another vehicle but use the Box 3 to 4 times a week. I have had other similar covers including a noah and always try to wash the car prior to use of the cover. It helps to blow the cover out with an air line if possible to get any settled debris off it.

I wouldnt recommend using this cover for an outdoor stored car. I hear that it is not completly waterproof and otherwise, whats the sense.

Still a good value and nice fit for less than $200.00!

AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote