Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 01:44 AM   #1

PorscheSportsExhaust US help please...

Hi Folks,

I'm in need of some local US knowledge.

I've been hunting down a PSE for my 2003 Boxster in the UK for the past few months. I had one on my old pre facelift car and loved the sound. But the version to fit the face lifted model is no where to be found. All i've ever managed to find are the photos below.

2004 Porsche Sport Exhaust Pics... - 986 Series (Boxster, Boxster S) - RennTech.org Forums

Its been suggested that it might have been only sold in the US. Can anybody confirm this thing exists... and even better a possible place I might be able to find one. I know the usual breakers in the UK but none in the US.

I know there are lots of other options, but i'm a bit of an oem freak and would like to make sure I cannot get the PSE before looking at other options like Dansk that do a sports box in the oem shape.

Thanks in advance from a frustrated Irish man.

:-)

Boxster 2.7 with a few mods: RSS Under drive pulley, Dansk OEM look polished stainless steel sports silencer, K&N air filter, Full new M030 Sports Suspension, 997 Gear selector, and a load of other OEM styling upgrades.
Andrew McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:11 AM   #2

Have you asked Carnewal in Europe?

As for USA dismantlers, check with LA Dismantlers or Oklahoma Foreign.

For USA new OEM parts contact Sunset Porsche (503-641-8600) or Suncoast Porsche.

I have PSE on my 2006 987S and love it!
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #3

Thanks, i've sent them all emails. Nobody has one lying about.....? :-P

Boxster 2.7 with a few mods: RSS Under drive pulley, Dansk OEM look polished stainless steel sports silencer, K&N air filter, Full new M030 Sports Suspension, 997 Gear selector, and a load of other OEM styling upgrades.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #4

I know when I mentioned to my dealer wanting an exhaust they were just going to order me a PSE for my 03 S from the factory... maybe contact a US dealer?
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:13 PM   #5

Why not just make your own?
j911brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #6

True, but on my exhaust the tips are removable, so i'm not so keen to start drilling holes into it. Also I want to give finding the right one a shot first.

Does anybody on here have the exhaust i'm after fitted, or are the really that rare???

Old 06-20-2013, 08:24 AM   #7

Suncoast Porsche has the original version in stock......If you're willing to shell out $3000 for a new OEM set.

Boxster Sports Exhaust, 2003-04:Porsche Parts & Porsche Accessories - Wholesale Porsche Parts & Tequipment - Cayman Panamera Cayenn

These sre really hard to find second-hand or used. When they do pop up on eBay or Rennlist, they are gone the same day. They also don't stay in stock for long at the dismantlers either....I've been told LA Dismantler has a waiting list for these things.

Good luck in your search!
Marburk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McD View Post
True, but on my exhaust the tips are removable, so i'm not so keen to start drilling holes into it. Also I want to give finding the right one a shot first.

Does anybody on here have the exhaust i'm after fitted, or are the really that rare???
Many people have done the bypass mod and are real happy with it.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #9

Funny i've just had an email from LA Dismantlers. Also an interesting conversation with a Dansk supplier. Who oddly have an exhaust almost identical to the PSE i'm after.

I wonder why the exhaust was so rarely fitted?

Old 06-20-2013, 02:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McD View Post
Funny i've just had an email from LA Dismantlers. Also an interesting conversation with a Dansk supplier. Who oddly have an exhaust almost identical to the PSE i'm after.

I wonder why the exhaust was so rarely fitted?
Because it cost an insane amount of money.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #11

Yes but so do lots of things when ticked on the options list. ;-)