Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2005, 12:03 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Damn do I live my Boxster

Here is the setting,Sacramento,midnight,just off work,60 degrees(I know warm for this time of year). The security guard stares as I lower my top,I gently look back with a **************** faced grin. Fire her up and all the memories from fall with the top down run through my head. With the grin still on my face my offramp comes up and I swerve left a lane to continue the drive. I drive endlessly down the freeway for awhile only to look at my watch and realize it is 12:30 Christmas Eve morning. I reluctantly pull off on the nearest offramp and head back home. I love my Boxster,and I feel as a Boxster enthusiast I am obligated to share this story with other enthusiast. Anyone ever have any Boxster expierence like this?

Last edited by blinkwatt; 12-24-2005 at 01:26 AM.
blinkwatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 04:42 AM   #2

That is a very good story and well written so I could really visualize. Had you thrown santa into the mix you could have made it a Christmas story for us older kids

I haven't shared this same experience yet but I will be able to in about four months when I get mine! Can't wait!

Enjoy!
luxury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 05:29 AM   #3

Yes, on certain days here in SOCAL, there is nothing like a drop top ride up the PCH past So. Calrsbad Beach.

Heaven, simply heaven.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #4

Unhappy

All right you left coast MF'rs....... rub it in why don't you
Up in the Northeast we have snow, ice, freezing rain, road salt...............

umm.. could you tell us the story again and add the part about the blonde hitchhiker............
Old 12-29-2005, 02:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild1poet2
All right you left coast MF'rs....... rub it in why don't you
Up in the Northeast we have snow, ice, freezing rain, road salt...............

umm.. could you tell us the story again and add the part about the blonde hitchhiker............

Must agree.. Best i can do is open the garage door sit in the drivers seat and rev the engine .. BLAH I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO MARCH.. I've only been able to drive it home for xmas
1995 Honda Civic *Track Toy*
1971 Olds Cutlass Convertible
1968 Camaro SS 396 4 speed
2000 V Star 1100
BadBoyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 04:31 PM   #6
olly986

took the car on the motorway a little while back and was so concentrated in driving that i missed the exit and ended up doing 20 kms extras, enjoyed every one of them!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:23 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986
took the car on the motorway a little while back and was so concentrated in driving that i missed the exit and ended up doing 20 kms extras, enjoyed every one of them!
This happens to me frequently. Age related in my case!

:dance:

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 01:52 PM   #8

With Blinkwatt's story of his west coast run on Xmas eve replaying in my mind, I watch the local weather reports like a NASA launch director looking for an optimal window. Yesterday, it was unseasonably warm in the 40's but we had downpours. But today, we hit the low 40's with gusty winds that dried up the roads. So I fire up the the Porsche and take it into work. Still breaking in the engine I struggle to restrain myself on the throttle and pick the downshifts carefully. But of course, I make a few quick gear changes and apex the highway exit ramp at speed; albeit with restraint. Still its enough to easily reel in the ubiquitous BMW 325 that always seems to be around. Hmmm, why is that? Anyway, it puts the grin on my face and I can see the potential that awaits. I pit on the way home to gas up and get my first "nice car" from a dude in a Ford F-350. Yeah, it is.

Tomorrow, we expect rain turning to snow. Further launches have been scrubbed pending clear weather.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:38 PM   #9

Today I woke up to find a cloudless sunshiny day. Approx. 65* outside temp. I thought it was a good time to take the box outta the garage and give it a rinse. After washing I took her out for a brisk drive. Ended up staying out all day just driving(top down). Tommorow its likely to be 40*, but I sure did enjoy this little bit of luck. I hope spring comes as early for the rest of you guys. If not just remember, "all good things come to those who wait"! Ya'll have a happy and safe new year. I look forward to another year of insight and opinion on 986forum.com
Old 01-08-2006, 09:22 AM   #10

snowing again today!!!!!! cabin fever setting in.... must resist.....

saw a segment on SpeedVision this am where Chrysler put a hemi in a snowblower!!!!