Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2005, 10:26 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Mobile Porsche Works

Has anyone ever have Mobile Porsche Works for any services on their Porsche, or more specifically a Boxster? Im considering having Jimmy from Mobile Porsche Works do my 60k Maintainence. For those of you who dont know,they are a mobile Porsche maintainence service. They only charge gas to get to your house and $50 a hour.

Old 12-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
bmussatti

Blinkwatt, interesting concept and business model. Are they Porsche approved??
Old 12-18-2005, 10:10 AM   #3

I dont know if they are official Porsche technicans,but they have a good reputation around the Bay Area. They specialiaze in 911s but they can do alot of maintainence and small jobs on Boxsters. I was quoted $75 for installation of brake pads,pad sensors and fuel filter. Not too bad huh? The guy Jimmy I talked to doesnt not do major services i.e. clutch because he does not know what he is doing then. They will not lie to you and tell you they know what they are doing,they are straight forward if they dont know how to do it. You can reach then at 916-420-8774 any day of the week.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #4

As bsmussatti said, an interesting concept. I would think Boxsters would be the ideal market, since so many of them are commuter cars and only-vehicle cars.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #5

New to this forum..

I am Jimmy from Mobile Works. I have relocated to So Cal but still cover many pcars in the Bay Area. All my licence, BAR numbers will be ran out of Apple Valley where i have set up shop. I did change my number to 310.227.4489
I have done many water cooled pcars over the last 6 years. Boxsters were mainly minor services..
He is right!! Will not do rebuilds, tranny overhauls etc. Have done many ROW lowering kits, water pumps, major services, brakes etc..

you can see what i do @ www.mobileworkseast.com

Thanks for opening this thread..

Have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Jimmy Deering
Porscheworks@aol.com
FlatBlack77s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #6

Thumbs down Jimmy Deering

Be very very careful, Deering has been found to be vey dishonest and act in a criminal fashion and has no BAR licence.

Please check with the Cal. Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) before ever contacting Jimmy Deeriong.

Last edited by GeorgeLeroy; 11-17-2009 at 04:43 PM.
GeorgeLeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #7

>>I am Jimmy from Mobile Works. I have relocated to So Cal but still cover many pcars in the Bay Area. All my licence, BAR numbers will be ran out of Apple Valley where i have set up shop. <<

Well, I guess post up your license and bar # and lets see what comes up. then everything will be cleared up.
Ken
SoCalKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 PM   #8

Um why two posts claiming to be the same guy from two different names?
thehighheelsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLeroy
Be very very careful, Deering is known to be vey dishonest and criminal and has no licence, he's mobile because no one will hire him as he has a background.

Please check with the Cal. Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) before ever contacting Jimmy Deeriong, they will tell you the truth about this person.
Jimmy installed my RoW suspension on my 99' and I couldn't have been more pleased with the whole deal. I highly recommend!
Old 10-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKen
>>I am Jimmy from Mobile Works. I have relocated to So Cal but still cover many pcars in the Bay Area. All my licence, BAR numbers will be ran out of Apple Valley where i have set up shop. <<

Well, I guess post up your license and bar # and lets see what comes up. then everything will be cleared up.
Ken
I don't think he's going to reply, as his post was from a year ago.
Seems like the GeorgeLeroy guy is out on a mission, and has some form of personal vendetta he needs to settle.

Personally, from my opinion on the matter, being a person who does in fact do automotive and motorcycle work for others who trust me, I make sure I let the person who's vehicle I'm working on if I am capable of doing the work, and that they need to provide all the needed parts, before I start the work, with certain exceptions.

I'll never take on a job I know I can't do, don't have the proper tools for, or don't have time for. I have a life, too, and I like to keep my reputation in tact. I also prefer keeping the owner of the bike or car involved, as they can typically learn something about the job being done, even if it's just the fact that they really are glad they didn't do the job themselves.

As for needing to be Porsche certified, as someone from last year mentioned, that's a load of crap for most jobs. You don't need a letter from Ducati, Porsche, Lexus, or Kia in order to do simple tasks like change the oil and filter, change brake pads, or install new spark plugs. If you're having cam work done, then yes, you should probably have a trained mechanic familiar with the engine doing the work, but do you truly need a Porsche certified shop (think Jake Raby)?

If your car is under warrantee, and you're worried about the warrantee, then you should take your car to the dealer for that extra piece of mind.

I have no connection with the guy being mentioned, nor do I know what he's done. I just know what I do, and what other people like me would say under similar circumstances.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:25 AM   #11

I haven't had to get any work done to my car yet, but I asked the guy who was taking care of my previous car if he'd work on my Boxster and he said he wouldn't be able to.

I don't want to pay the dealer if I don't have to, but maybe I won't get that option?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #12

We are not discounting the Jimmy Deering appears to be capable of some of the work Blinkwatt, and some have been lucky. Many have been very, very unlucky and Jimmy Deering has been arrested for crimes accosiated with his work on cars.

Just because you were lucky one time doesn't mean you will be lucky twice. Do you really want to take that chance?

Do as Ken suggests... it's very easy. Run Mr Deerings BAR license number though the website and you will find that it doesn't exist.

Many MANY people are missing parts and entire cars and an investigation is ongoing against Jimmy.

You think I have a vendetta... I don't. I have made a choice to wanr others so thqt they are not harmed by his criminal actions.

You have absolutely nothing to lose by at least checking out what I am saying with the BAR.... you stand to have a great deal to lose by not doing so.

Any legit mechanic would be fine with that... check out Pelican Parts... they know a lot about Jimmy there.

Last edited by GeorgeLeroy; 11-17-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
Track rat

Garage
You know...
A guy comes to this forum and his first post is to trash someone he did business with, lacks credibility. I don't know you or Jimmy but I read a little of the story. It looks a lot like Pelican mud just spilling over onto 986forum. It sounds like Jimmy is wrestling with some personal issues lately. If you have a beef with him, take it up with him directly instead of trashing him all over the internet. Bad form.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:58 PM   #14

The drama begins!
Old 10-26-2009, 09:16 PM   #15

I cant find anything on the supreme court site. Can you link the cases and charges please?
Old 10-27-2009, 04:37 AM   #16

I can't find how to search for Jimmy either, pony up a link.
Ken
SoCalKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalKen
I can't find how to search for Jimmy either, pony up a link.
Ken
I finally did find it under the criminal section. There is nothing there that shows him as guilty. Only 1 charge pressed for a chop shop,that's all I could find.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:01 AM   #18
dalealan2001

Only one charge? That would be enough for me!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #19

I am Jimmy Deering

Anyone with questions regarding my case feel free to contact me @ porscheworks@aol

One guy in SOcal has brought all i am going through in the past 3 months.. They say they have other charges being filed, but yet i have been exonerated.. Well.. Like i said feel free to ask... 18737 HWY 18 AV Ca Drive by, 15 security cameras, lighted area out in the open... Was pushing to run a reg shop, till a Pelican didnt understand he needed to wait doto my newborn was on its arrival...

Jimmy 310 227 4489... Feel free GEORGELEROY to call me.. You might want to acually wait till someone gets charged before going public with was arrested, not was charged.... PRINTED!.. thanks...
FlatBlack77s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #20

Jimmy Deering

You don't have to believe anything posted here, but as the saying goes "where there's smoke...."

I love the comment "all I found was one charge for chop shop".... that's nothing to be concerned about?

Just use common sense and check out this guy a little... one call to BAR and you wouldn't be here now." Or call the guy himself, I'm sure he will tell the truth..................................

There are other counties all over California with Mr Deerings records... San Bernadino, Riverside, Santa Clara, Sacramento, San Fransisco...... it's public information and nothing printed here is anything more than that... public information.

Mr Deering thinks that this is because of one guy in socal... it is... and he sees him every day... IN THE MIRROR. He's clueless, Mr Deering's past is just coming full circle and the victims are coming forward from all over the state.

Last edited by GeorgeLeroy; 11-17-2009 at 04:51 PM.