Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2005, 02:19 PM   #1

New Tequipment catalog

So I'm looking at the newest 987 Tequipment and shaking my head. There's a few things I'd love to order but I'm afraid to find out how much they might cost.

First and foremost--they are now offering a 19-inch Carrera Sport wheel...and I really like it. It's 8.5Jx19 with a 55 offset in front and a full-on 10Jx19 with a 42 offset in the back. Obviously, incompatible with the 5mm spacer option. Also requires different center caps.

It's not offered on the car configurator yet and I can't find any pictures, sorry.

Anyhow, I imagine they'd probably cost over $3000 eh?

Other thing I might buy is the illuminated door entry guards in aluminum for somewhere around $500 I'm told, but I don't know if I'll bother.

Porsche... you cash-hungry corporate machine, why? WHY??

eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
bmussatti

The illuminated door guards in alum (code CXB) are $780 if ordered on the car from the factory. You can probably order the parts from Sun Coast.

The install is probably an hour per side as a DIY. The hardest part will be getting the electric over to the exact spot.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:03 PM   #3

Yeah, one guy on rennteam.com told me that he found out from suncoast that they'd be around $500 in aluminum. I would have no problem tapping power for the lighting.
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM   #4
bmussatti

Yep. I think ya gotta drill a hole, and tap into a hot lead when the door opens.