Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #1

Smile Locks Again

I have a small problem. My locking system works just fine, too fine. When I unlock the car with the key fob and do something inside the cockpit, and then leave the car it will lock itself about 30 seconds after I leave it. It is no big deal because I always lock the car when I leave it, except of course when it is in my garage. Just a nuisance now but I really should find out what is happening in case the key is inside and I leave the car for a minute.

Tom

PS At my advanced age of 73 leaving the keys in the car is a definite possibility

02 Boxster S
Lapis Blue
tombea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM   #2

Garage
I know my car re-locks itself after using the trunk button but not entering the cab. Maybe that's what you're experiencing, or maybe some sensor that detects a door opening is malfunctioning in your case?
Tieniber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #3

Thaks for the reply.

It happens when I open the locked doors, but don't use the switch. That is the same action that you get when you unlock the trunk(s) and then shut them without entering the car.

The problem came this week when I locked the car while it was in the garage. I have never done that before so it appears to be a normal part of locking routine.

02 Boxster S
Lapis Blue
tombea is offline   Reply With Quote