Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #41

69 eyes, Panic at the Disco and Lucky Boys Confusion regularly make the IPOD list.

RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #42
boggtown

BidiBodiBidiBu by Bubbles. (the super troopers song with the 911) I have it cued to the good part on my cd player so everytime Im driving awesomely and cruising, I hit cd and it blares and drive fast, and its pretty sweet.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #43

Yo. If we're talking about "Hey I'd really love to have another speeding ticket" music, it's hard to beat Bullet the Blue Sky off of Joshua Tree.
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #44

True, however Edge's guitar has really gotten much better over time with that song. "Where the streets have no name" has to be my favorite followed by "Electrical Storm" and "The Fly".

Also, The Donnas are a good band if you like a chick rock group that talks about getting layed and doing drugs.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

Old 11-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly
Oh, no he didn't...
shut up , griz...don't tell me that song doesn't inspire you to bring the sexy back...ahahahahahaha!
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #46

In my cd player right now ..

Cascada, Linkin Park, JayZ, Gigi D'agostinos, Digital Underground, Ice Cube, 2 Pac, E40 + misc yay area artist, The game, Eminem, Akon, Kristine Sa, Twista, and a bunch of misc trance ..

Damn .. 6cd is just not enough. I need an mp3 player, or better yet, a carputer.

Last edited by vijen6; 11-17-2006 at 07:55 PM.
vijen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:52 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCats
...The funny thing is, when I bought the Boxster, I loaded the CD of ZZ Top's Greatest Hits on my Ipod, even though I hadn't listened to the CD since college.

I was wondering to myself, what in the world is up with the correlation between ZZ Top and Porsche Boxsters ?

Nick
Hi,

Well, a couple of things. 1st, Billy Gibbons (guitarist) is a Car Nut and owns more than 30, including a couple Porsches.

Second, ZZ Top's music follows a long tradition of Driving Tunes starting with Chuck Berry's Maybeline and Hot Rod Lincoln, G.T.O. by Ronny & the Daytonas, Beach Boys with Little Duece Coupe, Jan & Dean's Little Old Lady from Pasadena, Hey Little Cobra by the Rip Chords, and on & on. Not about Porsche, about Driving!...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 07:54 PM   #48

How could I forget "Pet Sementary" and "Somebody Put Something in My Drink" by the Ramones. I'm sorry Joey...please forgive me. I had bad chicken this week. Also, "The Sex Pistols" and Janes Addiction...the list just keeps going and going.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

Last edited by Rail26; 11-17-2006 at 08:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:41 PM   #49

[QUOTE=Rail26]True, however Edge's guitar has really gotten much better over time with that song. "Where the streets have no name" has to be my favorite followed by "Electrical Storm" and "The Fly".QUOTE]

rail you originally from chicago? I didn't think lucky boys branched out too much further...mild success in comparison to panic and fall out boy and the likes...nice call on the U2 tunes, however I will say you can catch a better version of just about any song off the Joshua tree on the Rattle and Hum the movie....

bullet, streets, sunday bloody sunday, bad, and especialy with or without you and exit are frickin insane! I know those aren't all tree tracks either.....

that said I caught the Vertigo tour twice and was let down both times...not sure why??? I was at the chicago shows they taped....ATYCLB tour was better.....Indoor Zoo TV leg was hands down the best....

hands down....dashboard confessional, great song.....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 05:28 AM   #50

Super66, I am originally from Champaign so I caught a lot of these bands off the college scene. My buddies all went to Chicago after college so I spent a lot of time visiting them.

I saw the Vertigo tour this year in Dallas and was disappointed also. I really enjoyed the previous tour and the song selection was much better. Top Five U2 for me:

1.Streets
2. Bad
3. Electrical Storm
4. The Fly
5. Electric Co.

I'm 31, but still try to keep up with the music scene. Lucky Boys came out to El Paso...very surprising since they cancelled the Devo and Depeche Mode show because no one bought tickets (Jeff, take note if you like music).

I depart the Army in '08 and am really considering moving back to Chi-town. We'll see...I hope to be flying for one of the major airlines so I will be living wherever they send me. I also forgot Toad the Wet Sprocket...great band!
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

Old 11-19-2006, 11:51 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail26
Super66, I am originally from Champaign so I caught a lot of these bands off the college scene. My buddies all went to Chicago after college so I spent a lot of time visiting them.

I saw the Vertigo tour this year in Dallas and was disappointed also. I really enjoyed the previous tour and the song selection was much better. Top Five U2 for me:

1.Streets
2. Bad
3. Electrical Storm
4. The Fly
5. Electric Co.

I'm 31, but still try to keep up with the music scene. Lucky Boys came out to El Paso...very surprising since they cancelled the Devo and Depeche Mode show because no one bought tickets (Jeff, take note if you like music).

I depart the Army in '08 and am really considering moving back to Chi-town. We'll see...I hope to be flying for one of the major airlines so I will be living wherever they send me. I also forgot Toad the Wet Sprocket...great band!

cool man , i have some family still out in El Paso but most of them are now out this way.....

I can't pick 5 u2 songs, too hard....bu I was cruising lst night with my iPod and thought how has no one mentioned Morrissey and the Smiths yet.....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:08 PM   #52

Got my ride with the Bose system. Thought for sure that some old school rap, maybe some 80's, or some Techno would be the best tunes to crank when not listening to the "Porsche Engine" mix...

I was wrong.

By far the most speeding is to be done with either Van Halen Hot for Teacher, or AC/DC Thunderstruck (although my wife says it reminds her of her Bachelorette party in Vegas...)

That said - top down has been reserved mostly for Ying Yang Twins or some good old Dre and Snoop.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #53

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
what about the good ol' Britney Spears?

jokin jokin
i listen to some euro dance kinda music, no particular names or anyhting, just buncha DJs doing their thing.

when driving around i just like music, no words so yea...
but otherwise, some Brian Adams, LP, NERD, and some old skool Serbian rock and roll...u should see peoples reactions when they see me, like wtf is that? lol
i love it so i dont care
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:44 AM   #54

Im still in the honeymoon period of owning my car, so its nothing but the motor for now!!! and loving it.

However.....Plan on burning a few new 'driving disks'

These will include tracks from...

U2
The Cult
Faith no more
Pearl Jam
Guns and Roses
Duran Duran
Bruce springsteen
Berlin
Bon Jovi
Blur
Radiohead
Hole
Fatboy Slim
INXS
Nirvana
Offspring
Simple Minds
The clash
The cure
Smashing Pumpkins

Heck, think I will have to grab some blank cd's

Any reconmendations on replacing the speakers in the dash. mine are very ordinary. I do notice an alpine amp under the hood matched up to the stock porsche head unit which is not much chop.

I dont have too much to spend on a new head unit so maybe some newer speakers?

Cheers,

Steven.

Past Cars
2006 MB C180k
2005 Peugeot 306
1980 928
2004 Subaru Liberty GT
2000 Nissan Pulsar SSS
smagerstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:45 AM   #55

song

Dancing Queen - Abba
BobMarley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #56

No Beastie Boys anywhere? Or am I just messsed up? A little Paul's Boutique goes a long way...

For all the lovers of "old school" rap. I'm not talkin JayZ, XM Radio has a station that I constantly listen to in the wifes car ( I think it is XM THE RHYME) that plays the old classics.

LL
Special Ed
Fat Boys
RUN-DMC
Big Daddy Kane
EPMD
Eric B and Rakim.......................

It totaly makes me smile, and laugh at myself
IowaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 11:43 AM   #57

Golden Earring - Radar Love
Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
Jackson Browne - Running On Empty
David Allen Coe - Six Days On The Road

Peter Schwarzenbauer

My car @ Car Domain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled01.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled02.jpg
Arctic Silver '05 Silver Boxster
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote