Go Back   986 Forum - for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Porsche Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 159
Would these wheels fit??

On the hunt for a change of wheels for my 2001 Boxster S. Come across these
and wondered if they will fit. ???????????
My car is currently running on 17s and offsets of
Front; 55 7J
Rear: 50 8.5 J

Which i believe was a standard upgrade when bought from new.

The new wheels are from a 997 2005 5 spoke
and offsets are;

Fronts - 235/40/zr18 offset of 57


Rear - 265/40/zr18 offset of 58

will try and load a photo up when i can find how to convert it to a jpg??



This will push the wheels slightly out, will it ??

Attached Images
 

Last edited by Porsche Pete; 02-12-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Porsche Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #2
Registered User
 
golonaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: chi-town
Posts: 328
Garage
Not without spacers. 10" in rear , 7" up front will do
Rubber seams to be tad too tall also
golonaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
Registered User
 
Ckrikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 633
I almost bought those, but you will need 15-20MM spacers in the rear and 5MM spacers up front. You will also need new longer wheel bolts for the fronts, the rears may not need em depending on the spacers. I thought about buying these wheels due to the low cost on ebay, but when you include the price of the spacers and bolts, it didnt make as much sense.
__________________
LB/GG/MB 02 2.7 sold
MB/GG 02 996TT
Ckrikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:45 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Porsche Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 159
Thanks guys...seemed a good idea..but think will give these a miss then. !!

These Inovit wheels i really like...but a fair bit more money...may keep saving.. think they will look cool on the silver boxster

These are made in a 19" rim ET 45 Thinking of 8.5J on the front and 9.5J Rear, which are the sizes available Would these fit then as ET is now 45

Inovit Vortex 19"

Product-Vortex-Inovit International Ltd
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Porsche Pete; 02-12-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Porsche Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Porsche Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 159
Have come across these Victor Wheels and very tempted. They are

8.0Jx18" FRONT

11.0Jx18" REAR

FRONT OFFSET:- ET45

REAR OFFSET:- ET52

Didnt want to buy them and then find they dont fit. Have got a few marks to the rims, but guess i can get someone to sort these out.

WILL THEY FIT??
Attached Images
 
Porsche Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
Have come across these Victor Wheels and very tempted. They are

8.0Jx18" FRONT

11.0Jx18" REAR

FRONT OFFSET:- ET45

REAR OFFSET:- ET52

Didnt want to buy them and then find they dont fit. Have got a few marks to the rims, but guess i can get someone to sort these out.

WILL THEY FIT??

Here we go. LOL ! An 11 inch wheel will not fit on a 986 boxster .
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 08-02-2013 at 05:30 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 AM   #7
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
Thanks guys...seemed a good idea..but think will give these a miss then. !!

These Inovit wheels i really like...but a fair bit more money...may keep saving.. think they will look cool on the silver boxster

These are made in a 19" rim ET 45 Thinking of 8.5J on the front and 9.5J Rear, which are the sizes available Would these fit then as ET is now 45

Inovit Vortex 19"

Product-Vortex-Inovit International Ltd
The short answer is yes.
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Pete View Post
Have come across these Victor Wheels and very tempted. They are

8.0Jx18" FRONT

11.0Jx18" REAR

FRONT OFFSET:- ET45

REAR OFFSET:- ET52

Didnt want to buy them and then find they dont fit. Have got a few marks to the rims, but guess i can get someone to sort these out.

WILL THEY FIT??
I bought the Victor Innsbruck last summer. 18x8 (et-45) and 18x10 (et-50)

They push the wheels out to completely fill the wheelwells, but my car came factory with 5mm spacers all around. Next time I take the wheels off anyway, I'll pull the spacers and see if I prefer the look without spacers.

Anyway, $1500 for all 4 corners is hard to beat. I prefer the similar but better looking HRE 560C, but at $5k for the set (including rubber), I decided to go cheap. I still have my most excellent Carrera Lightweights for serious performance work, if needed -- just wanted a change of look after 8 years.





__________________
2004 50 Years of 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition
(worst name for a car EVAH)
2002 996TT X50 Artic Silver, Natural Grey (which is black)
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
Registered User
 
husker boxster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 2,551
To assist you in your search, here are a couple of nuggets:

Std 18" wheels on a 986 are:

F 7.5 x 18 ET50
R 9 x 18 ET52

Here's an offset calculator so you can see what effect different offsets have on the rim placement. You need to stay as close to the above #s as you can. If not, you may need wild sized spacers (don't want to do that) or the wheel may end up too far inside and will rub on struts and braces. This info should allow you to play to your heart's content.

Wheel Offset Calculator

And as JD said, 11" wheels don't work on a 986. You owe a buck in the tip jar.
__________________
PCA National HPDE Instructor
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
Registered User
 
Perfectlap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGaBiker View Post
Anyway, $1500 for all 4 corners is hard to beat. I prefer the similar but better looking HRE 560C, but at $5k for the set (including rubber), I decided to go cheap. I still have my most excellent Carrera Lightweights for serious performance work, if needed -- just wanted a change of look after 8 years.
and 18 inchers not bad. Do you know the weight on each?

It's really hard to find anything for this car that isn't 19" or bigger.
Less tire choices, more expensive tires, and more weight (harder ride).... no thanks. Although 10" in the rear means I can't use them in summer for autox/DE
__________________
GT3 Recaro Seats - Boxster Red
GT3 Aero / Carrera 18" 5 spoke / Potenza RE-11
Fabspeed Headers & Noise Maker
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Depending upon how aggressive you want your fitment to be, as well as what your suspension set-up is, here's a basic outline to follow:

Fronts:

8 inches wide = offsets ranging beginning with +40 to +35

8.5 inches wide = offsets ranging from +45 to +40 or so.


Rears:

9.5 inches wide = offsets ranging from +40 to +35

10 inches wide = offsets ranging from +45 to +40 or so.

Again, these are based on a number of fitments that I have experiment with personally, and fitment between vehicles can vary based on suspension set-up, tire size and application of use.
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.

Last edited by Johnny Danger; 09-14-2013 at 04:56 AM.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap View Post
and 18 inchers not bad. Do you know the weight on each?

It's really hard to find anything for this car that isn't 19" or bigger.
Less tire choices, more expensive tires, and more weight (harder ride).... no thanks. Although 10" in the rear means I can't use them in summer for autox/DE
18.8F and 20.75 Rear.

Porsche Wheels | Innsbruck Style by Victor Equipment Wheels
__________________
2004 50 Years of 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition
(worst name for a car EVAH)
2002 996TT X50 Artic Silver, Natural Grey (which is black)
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #13
Registered User
 
Porsche Pete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 159
Thanks for the info.. Still searching...have sold mine now..so need a replacement quickly !!!
Have seen a few cars with these on; The 5 spoke jobbies

Porsche 18 inch alloys from a 2004 911
front 8j et50, rear 10j et65, they are genuine porsche wheels

front 225/40/18
rear 285/30/18

The fronts seem ok..but the rear wheels will be an issue ??? Am i right

as said dont want to pick silly spacers on if can help it
Attached Images
 
Porsche Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: MARYLAND
Posts: 3
Garage
will these wheels fit?

hi, im new to the site. i just bought a 2001 Boxster S and love it, its time to get her some upgrades and i figured i get wheels and tires (dire need of tires)

here's the specs:

19x8.5 Front / 19x10 Rear
offset 55 Front / 10" ET42



or these wheels
18x8 Front / 18x10 Rear
offset 50 Front / 62 Rear


will these need spacers?
what do you think?
what looks better?
Attached Images
 

Last edited by racerjsz4; 07-24-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: wanted to add the other wheel i like
racerjsz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:25 PM   #15
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjsz4 View Post
hi, im new to the site. i just bought a 2001 Boxster S and love it, its time to get her some upgrades and i figured i get wheels and tires (dire need of tires)

here's the specs:

19x8.5 Front / 19x10 Rear
offset 55 Front / 10" ET42



or these wheels
18x8 Front / 18x10 Rear
offset 50 Front / 62 Rear


will these need spacers?
what do you think?
what looks better?
The fronts will fit ok with the 19's. Personally, I would add a 10mm spacer. The rears are right on with a +42 offset.

The fronts will fit ok with the 18's (ideally I would add a 10 mm spacer as well). However, the rear offset is way too high. You'll need to add a 20mm spacer.
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #16
Registered User
 
bravosd6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
Here we go. LOL ! An 11 inch wheel will not fit on a 986 bolster .
I had an 11" wheel on mine. I had to roll the fender just a little. Now I have a 20 X 10.5" wheel with a spacer.
bravosd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #17
Registered User
 
EssexPorsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 276
Garage
Ha ha.....
Why?
260 bhp- there is no way these cars can utilise that amount of rubber?
__________________
Don't care......was made to care! (my Mum)

Last edited by EssexPorsche; 08-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.
EssexPorsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosd6 View Post
I had an 11" wheel on mine. I had to roll the fender just a little. Now I have a 20 X 10.5" wheel with a spacer.
Maybe with a 5 inch gap between the top of the tire and fender so the wheel could protrude into the other driving lane.
__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #19
Registered User
 
bravosd6's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: West Los Angeles
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexPorsche View Post
Ha ha.....
Why?
260 bhp- there is no way these cars can utilise that amount of rubber?
I was going to have Kennedy Engineering fab up an adapter for a Maserati 4.2 V8 402hp factory and its modded with some goodies to somewhere around 500hp. However, I like what Eric523 did with his, with the 3.6 swap. However I'm on the fence about forking out 15 grand for a 400hp 3.6 H6 GT3 motor. Love the sound of both but 15k!!!

Anyways thats why I need such meat. I have 245's on it now and there super stretched. I love the look but had to do it because before I didn't have the fenders flared. The funny part no one will believe me on is there 10.5 in all four corners and no spacers in the front. NO RUB after some modifying.

But to answer the folklore 11"s do fit in the rear. Also I might ad sometimes the wheel lip are different depending on wheels. I am not sure how true the lenght maybe on some wheels. With only a little flaring needed anyone can do in their garage with some really basic tools.

B

Last edited by bravosd6; 08-01-2013 at 07:34 PM.
bravosd6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:27 AM   #20
Registered User
 
Johnny Danger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,810
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosd6 View Post
I was going to have Kennedy Engineering fab up an adapter for a Maserati 4.2 V8 402hp factory and its modded with some goodies to somewhere around 500hp. However, I like what Eric523 did with his, with the 3.6 swap. However I'm on the fence about forking out 15 grand for a 400hp 3.6 H6 GT3 motor. Love the sound of both but 15k!!!

Anyways thats why I need such meat. I have 245's on it now and there super stretched. I love the look but had to do it because before I didn't have the fenders flared. The funny part no one will believe me on is there 10.5 in all four corners and no spacers in the front. NO RUB after some modifying.

But to answer the folklore 11"s do fit in the rear. Also I might ad sometimes the wheel lip are different depending on wheels. I am not sure how true the lenght maybe on some wheels. With only a little flaring needed anyone can do in their garage with some really basic tools.

B
There's no way an 11 inch will properly fit on a 986 bolster. End of story.

__________________
Don't worry I've got the microfilm.
Johnny Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page