Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #1

EvoMSit software 15-30HP increase 996

EvoMSit is claiming 15-30 HP gains and torque depending on mods, along with greatly increased throttle response and power across the powerband. Looks to be around 1K, just wondering if anyone had one on a dyno before and after.

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index.cfm?PG=detail&PID=141374&VS=1

Last edited by Uller God; 01-16-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Uller God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller God View Post
EvoMSit is claiming 15-30 HP gains and torque depending on mods, along with greatly increased throttle response and power across the powerband. Looks to be around 1K, just wondering if anyone had one on a dyno before and after.

Evolution Motorsports Porsche ECU Upgrades | EVO Boxster Computer Tuning
funny that on the example they show only 7hp increase.

Meir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #3

Probably gain more HP by tossing out the spare tire and skipping lunch, save ya 1K. I'm sure they have lots of fun mapping a turbo though.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:11 PM   #4

That is peak power difference. It looks like it made more in the mid range. I would take more mid range power then peak power.
bam914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #5

They show increases of 33hp and 33ftlbs of torque for the 3.2 depending on exhaust and intake, but no dino graph. I'd want to see to the affect across the rev range before buying one...
shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #6

Garage
Maybe a slight bump of 2 to 5 hp depending on mods.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #7

Throttle response increase (at the cost of gas consumption decrease). If you want the ECU to dump gas into the engine every time your foot twitches, it will cost you.

Don't you think Porsche would have if they could have? Do your mods and then get a custom mapping after you have done all the mods. A one size fits all mapping is seldom the solution. A guy I trust that has dynos tells the story of doing all the mods (I guarantee more extensive than you will do) and then spending weeks going back and forth from dyno to road to track getting the balance of parameters right so that it was drivable and faster. (He does serious track work.) Curiously he also found some of the first mods people think of as helping don't.

It costs a lot to get more out of a M96.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #8

I get a kick out of the guys that spend thousands of dollars in mods to gain a few HP when they could have spent less upgrading to a faster stock car.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefocke View Post
It costs a lot to get more out of a M96.
Makes sense. But still a nagging question. Does that hold for the larger throttle body / cayman airbox in your opinion Mike? I've followed that thread with interest, haven't yet seen anything compelling on the dyno, but curious if you or others knowledgeable have opinions on that one.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #10
1999 base

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by barkinfool View Post
Makes sense. But still a nagging question. Does that hold for the larger throttle body / cayman airbox in your opinion Mike? I've followed that thread with interest, haven't yet seen anything compelling on the dyno, but curious if you or others knowledgeable have opinions on that one.
try this one:
http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/37733-911-s-throttle-body-installed.html

Meir is offline   Reply With Quote