Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #1

Audi TT anyone?

Don't fret - I'm not getting rid of my 02 Boxster S, but I am contemplating getting a used Audi TT (08-10) for my daily driver. Anyone here own one before? I currently have an 07 Acura TL Type-S for my daily regimen, but don't really need a backseat (no kids, no clients). I live in Denver and see snow on occasion or go up into the mountains sometimes. 2.0T vs. 3.2? Quattro vs. Fronttrak?

dascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #2

Daughter has one

Too bad you live so far away. My daughter in St. Petersburg FL has a 2001 red Quatro that she bought new and is ready to sell. She moved up to a Cadillac SRT SUV to carry around a new baby and all the associated paraphernalia. It is in great condition and has never seen snow. I have driven it because it is a 5 speed and I had to teach her to drive a manual when she took possession. It is a great car with the customary German attention to detail.
BlueStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #3

Garage
I used to own a 2000 TT Quattro. Loved driving that car, but not nearly the kick in the pants fun that the boxster is. Did do some decent mods to it, though - there used to be a lot you could do with it - ecu upgrades were pretty effective on the turbo.

The Quattro was perfect for getting around Chicago in the winter with a good set of tires. An excellent 4 season car...

I have a friend with the newer 3.2 and it is pretty nice inside and out, too. Am a big Audi fan, still- owned 3 over the years, but none currently in the stable....
2003S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #4

I owned a 2004 TT and loved it.Did not handle like the Boxster but was a fun and a very reliable car.I only sold it to get more room for a DD.My Boxster is just for fun.The quattro is like a tractor in the snow.It was my wife's favorite car after the Boxster of course.I am sure you will like the car.
lahalte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #5

My mother had a tt Quattro, it was a silver 6 speed. That was an awesome car! I loved it loads of fun like the Boxster. Hers had baseball glove leather interior which looked sweet.

Springman26 is offline   Reply With Quote