Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #1

Carpet removal help

OK, I have searched the forum. Read numerous threads. Found out a LOT about the boxster that I never knew, but I still haven't found specific information on how to remove the carpet. As to why, well I have a brand new Kenwood DNX9980HD on the way. I plan to install that with a Erospeed DD kit I bought off of ebay. Afterwords, I'll order my new Helix B Five amp (got to wait until Friday/Payday), Infinity speakers, kicker subwoofer, and about a 100' of 12/14 guage wire to rewires the entire sound system. I'd like to place the wires under the carpet and an toying with the idea of dynamatting the interior (doors at a minimum).

I've got from now until the 2nd of Jan to get it done. At a minimum I want to get the HU installed so I can get by hands free kit and navigation back. Gave that up when I gave my wife my previous car.

FWIW, I was already to go the other way (install amp, speakers, etc. first) when I found out the PO installed Sony HU didn't include RCA outputs so all my work would simply have meant a car with great amp, speakers, etc. but no tunes.

BTW: I did download the PDF manuals from workshopManuals.co.ul but didn't see anything about carpeting in the interior section. Does the Bently manual have more information in regards to working on the car as a DIY? I've seen a lot of references to that and the 101 book from Pelican parts. Recommended?

Thanks,

Art

AKnowles is offline   Reply With Quote