Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2012, 04:23 AM   #1

Water leak!!!!

Had a torrential rain for about 2 hours yesterday. I get home and open the door and notice the bottom of the door is dripping. The whole bottom of the inside of the door ( carpet ) was soaked. I checked the other side and it was the same thing. There was actually an inch of water in the tray near the kick plate on the passenger side. I can see a water mark running down the inside of the A pillar where the mirror attaches outside. My question is where do I start to see what seal is bad. Could this be from the convertible top on the seal that runs the front of windshield on the soft top?? Any help or similar experiences would be appreciated.

tanque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #2

Make sure your drain tubes are cleared. May need to use compressed air to clear/clean:

Careful about the electronics under your seat.
Attached Images

Last edited by Flavor 987S; 12-14-2012 at 04:44 AM.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #3

Thanks, I'll check that out. I've heard the problems with the electronics when water gets under the seat! What concerns me is the water marks running down the inside of the door, down to the door speaker on both sides. I really didn't catch this as it was happening, but can see a slight water mark on each side. Maybe I'll have to get out the hose and see where this is coming from.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #4

did u ever find out what needed fixed for the water leak around the inside of a pillar, saw ur pic and i have water coming in same area
manifesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:47 AM   #5

Actually it was an easy fix after cleaning and blowing out the drain holes located in the front trunk, gas door and under the service top along the sides. I held my breath after that and put it through the test with some nasty rain and haven't had a problema since.