Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2005, 11:58 AM   #1

Sea Blue Leather

I'm in the market for a new Boxster 'S'. If I'm going to pay the bucks, I'd like to get something a little different. I'm thinking of ordering a Speed Yellow car with a Blue top and interior. The only sample I've seen of the 'Sea Blue' leather looks almost black. I'm wondering if this might look a little strange with a blue top or does the leather and other interior areas really look blue. Has anyone seen a Porsche with a Sea Blue interior?
Thanks, Steve

blkflg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:02 PM   #2

I'm not familiar with the Sea Blue color, but have you tried the exterior/interior color configurator on the Porsche NA web site? It might give you some ideal of what it is going to look like.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:11 PM   #3
bmussatti

I have seen the Sea Blue leather (option code FB or Full Leather is code FE) and it is very nice, but too dark for my personal taste. It is not black in person, but it is dark.

Another way to see it, other than going to your dealer, is using Porsche's web-site. Select "locate dealer" and plug in your state (as a starter) and then search their inventory. Many dealers list photos with their inventory. And some do a pretty good job with their photo work to show the interiors.

But a photo of the leather won't truly capture the whole visual experience. For example, the Cocoa Leather is really awesome, but just looks dark brown in a photo.

Lastly, you can also get a pretty good feel for the leather if you can find it in a Carrera. Just in case you want to see it in person before you place your order.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:29 PM   #4
bmussatti

One more thought. If you see one on the dealer's inventory that you like or have interest in, because it has Sea Blue Leather, call them, and have them e-mail you pictures.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #5

I've seen two, both times having the metropol blue top. One was artic silver, the other atlas grey. I'd agree with you and have that interior color only if the exterior was bright. Here's a couple pics:

06 987S- Sold
Carrara White / Black / Black/Stone Grey Two-tone

05 987 5-speed - Sold
Midnight Blue Metallic / Metropol Blue / Sand Beige

06 MB SLK350- Lease escapee
Iridium Silver Metallic / Black

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. - Robert Wilensky
SD987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #6

Sea Blue

Thanks all of you that have responded to my post about Sea Blue leather. I have tried the Porsche configuration tool and it looks good. As you may know, colors on a computer screen can look very different from reality. The dealer sample looked much blacker than Metropole Blue. That's why I posted this question. Personal experience / observations are very much appreciated.
-Thanks!-
Old 10-29-2005, 08:53 AM   #7

Send a message via AIM to G3sys
check mine out http://g3.homeip.net:81/g3/galleries/porsche/
G3sys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:30 PM   #8

Silver / Blue Boxster

G3sys,
Thanks for your photos. They make the interior almost look like a light blue. What is your perception of the color? Does it really look blue? Sometimes photos don't show real colors. The sample I saw at my dealer was only about 4"x6" but it almost looked black. The only way I could tell that it was blue was by comparing it to a black sample. Do you think it would look obviously Blue in a Speed Yellow Boxster? Do you think that would be a good combination with a Metropole Blue top or would it just look strange?
Thanks!
Old 10-30-2005, 04:22 AM   #9
bmussatti

blkflg, it will look definetly blue in person. Your color set-up sounds good. In re-sale, it may be lacking, but you need to be happy first.

I am not a Porsche history buff...but aren't the red leather and blue leather interiors of the past with a silver exterior considered the classics??
Old 10-31-2005, 06:37 AM   #10

You can see pictures of my Sea Blue interior here:

http://986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2807
Carl AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:11 AM   #11
bmussatti

blkflg, check-out this web-site to see your color choices:

http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/gallery/index.shtml