Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM   #1

Delivery tonight, someone speed the day up.

Taking delivery at 7:30pm tonight of a '00 Boxster S. Tiptronic, 18" Sport Classics, Black over light gray with aluminum accents. Pampered by a single So.Cal driver, low miles. Nearly flawless condition, although there's the slightest bit of seepage from the RMS.

Can honestly say I've never been this excited about a delivery before. Just had to vent somewhere, and this seemed the best place. The next four hours can't pass quickly enough.

bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #2

nothing like a top down drive in the brisk night air, heat warming the feet. Ohio? Bring a wool cap along.
Congrats! Enjoy the drive!
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 11:29 AM   #3

'Brisk' might be a bit of an understatement, particularly given I just moved up from Florida. So I might be in a wool cap, jacket and gloves -- but I'm still taking it out for a spin with the top down.

Now if I can just stop reading here and PCA, and staring at pictures of it, I might get some work done today.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #4

buying my boxster only took a week but what a gut wrenching week it was.
I was trying to negoitiate a deal while it was up for auction on Ebay. The difference between the highest bid and my offer was only a couple of hundred dollars. What a bone head I was. I nearly let a silver and red S with only 10,000 miles get away over a couple hundred bucks. Then I had to get rid of my Miata which took another two weeks before I could pick up the Boxster where the Acura trade in dealer guy was nice enough to keep it in the show room. The guy who eventually bought my Miata flew up I picked him up at the airport and he gave me a lift to get the boxster and then he drove right back to Florida!

The boxster buzz lasted a good 3-4 months. I was coming up with the lamest reasons to go for a drive. Hmm I need a new lint brush! I think I spent $300 on detailing supplies in the first month!
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
The boxster buzz lasted a good 3-4 months.
Yours went away? I'm 10 months into mine and I'm still buzzin'!

I picked up my car this morning from the doctor (30k check-up). Though I was sad to fork over $900+ for the bill (check-up + other service), the drive home quickly cheered me up. A 5-series Bimmer ('05-ish) I encountered was up for some light racing. I'm so proud of the Boxster at highway speeds!

Enjoy your new car Bryant! May you never come down from your buzz!
2000 Porsche Boxster | SOLD | http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9114

http://www.kryzak.com/storage/986sig12.jpg

http://kryzak.tumblr.com

Last edited by Jeph; 10-26-2005 at 05:52 PM.
Jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:43 PM   #6

What can I say? I love this car.

There were a few tense moments when the truck driver brought it down off the second level of the car carrier. Tense for me alone, I suspect, but such is life.

It was all I could do to hang out long enough to inspect the car and sign the paperwork before taking off.

Apparently it's 43 degrees here right now. I can honestly say I don't remember being cold for a moment of the drive, even when I got up to speed with the top down.

Funny how euphoria beats the chill.

Only problem I have now is my wife won't let me sleep in the garage.

What if it gets lonely?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:27 PM   #7

Love the enthusiasm.

Right now it is 55 degrees in the morning out in the desert. Top down, windows up, seat heater on and full heat is the way to go. People look at you like your crazy, but top down is the only way to go.

Bryant I hope you don't read this until tomorrow becasue you are out driving the Box. Congrats and good luck!
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Oh yeah there is nothing like driving with the top down no matter what the weather is. If the passenger doesnt like it,you know what i say to that? Heat Blanket.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:57 AM   #9

the boxster is actually pretty comfortable top down in chilly weather - the Germans must be familiar with that setting. With the windows up, plastic wind block in place, and heat on - it's actually nice enough that my wife likes it and doesn't complain. A true test of comfort...
limoncello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant
Only problem I have now is my wife won't let me sleep in the garage. What if it gets lonely?
Do a search on this site for "sleep garage" and you'll find a thread entitled "cot in the garage" and it's quite funny. I will not repost my comments on this again since you can read them there... nothing has changed though.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 02:05 PM   #11

Lol, funny thread.

So I was standing out in the garage today, looking at my new beauty, and it struck me that it's cold out there now, but it's going to be *really* cold come Dec/Jan.

Does anyone here use some sort of garage heater? If so, what do you suggest?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:12 PM   #12
bmussatti

I have an engine block heater on my 2005 Explorer. It's excellent. And my truck sits out all winter. Can be -25 and I have warm air blowing out the vents as I back out the driveway. It is installed into the freeze plug on the block.

I don't know if Porsche offers this type of product. Kinda doubt it.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:23 PM   #13

Yeah, my wife drives a Jeep Liberty Limited with the same. I'm actually thinking about some sort of heater for the whole of the garage. Keep the inside temps well up above the winter outside. Frontgate has something from Delonghi marked down to $75 from the normal list of $250.

http://www.frontgate.com/fg/pdp.jsp?Showarrow=y&prod_oid=3836551&Category_key=-13675&k=XX23159

I just don't know how I feel about a propane driven space heater running 24/7 in a garage with 2 vehicles, the lawn mower, propane and gas tanks, paint cans, etc.