Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2005, 09:59 AM   #1

Exclamation paintless dent removal (PDR)

hello everyone

yesturday i discovered two dings about the size of a dime on rear quarter panel with no paint damage. i would like to preserve the original paint.

has anyone or know anyone that experienced (PDR) paintless dent removal.
how efficient is it? quality of repair? noticable? cost?

i spent hours researching with positive responce including testimonials letters of recommendation and photo galleries that show like new condition again.

can you recommend a place of business and technician whom i can trust to do this
work in the los angeles, or southern ca. area.

please please please help.

thanks.

jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:33 AM   #2
bmussatti

jrdiesel01, I don't have any recommendations for paintless dent removal (PDR) in the LA area, but, you might try making a phone call over to your local Porsche dealer, talk to someone in the pre-owned area, and they probably know of a good PDR shop in the area. Just a thought! Hope this helps.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #3

Hi,

Sound advice from bmussatti ! PDR, if done right really works! The operative phrase though is done right. Be sure to use someone who makes their Bread & Butter servicing Auto Dealers and don't restrict your recommendations from only Porsche Dealers. Call the MB, Lexus, Cadillac, Lincoln Dealers as well, and then see who is common to them all, I bet you'll find at least one who is...

Happy Motoring!...Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 10:54 AM   #4
bmussatti

There are 25 Porsche dealers in the state of California!

You might want to call:

Beverly Hills Porsche 310-557-2472
Downtown LA Porsche 213-745-7200
Old 10-19-2005, 11:08 AM   #5

someone clipped my car in a parking lot once and put a sick dent the size of my fist just aft of the inlet on the driver's side quarter panel (dented in maybe 1/2" and wrinkled a little). needless to say, they took off.

since i was going to have to pay out of pocket to fix it (didn't want to claim it on insurance) i opted to give the paintless dent removal a try before going for conventional body work.

for $300, Dent Wizard got it to 99% (BARELY notice any trace) of perfect. i didn't think they'd even be able to do it at all. i highly reccomend this if you can find a shop that specializes in this.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 12:53 PM   #6

Dent Werx removed about a dozen dings from a British Racing Green Miata that my g/f owned. Even got one out of the rear deck that was caused by her closing the trunk on a parcel that was too large for the compartment..so it popped upwards and outwards.

The guy came to my house to do the repair...set up a large lamp kit and went to work with some serious looking metal rods with smooth curved ends that he placed between the coachwork panels and manipulated around to remove the dings. Took him about and hour...plus he drove 40 miles each way. Cost was $150....he even got a little dent out of the hood of my Z.

I have no experience with the companies that use suction devices to remove dents.
KShep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #7

Thumbs up

The 2nd day I owned my '05, the wind blew an unsecured object onto the car while it was parked in the garage. Called the Porsche dealer for a rec'd PDR. Keith was over for a quote the next day, and fixed the softball sized dent the following morning. I've eye-balled the spot from every angle & light, but can't see any telltale remnants. This individual works on high-end marques, and refused 'payment' if I wasn't satisfied. Needless to say, I'd call him again if the situation arises.
davzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 09:36 PM   #8

Thumbs up thanks board

i too just got dings out using reputable pdr co. and was amazed of outcome.
looks as if though it never happened. if you have a ding or dent i strongly encourage
you to try pdr before you have a body shop work on your car i was lost when i
saw the dings but some advise from the board and now im a believer.
and like dazin said 100% satisfied or its free.

jrdiesel01 is offline   Reply With Quote