Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2005, 09:23 AM   #1

Where is the best place to find a good used boxster ('05/'06)

In a few months I will be looking for a used '05 or '06 boxster and wondered where is the best place to find one. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and there really aren't any used '05/'06's for sale. For those of you who bought used, where did you go and why? Did anyone buy one site unseen from a remote dealership?

luxury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:03 AM   #2
bmussatti

Luxury1, I would not buy any car sight unseen, especially a high performance car.

Have you tried the Porsche web site? You can search there for pre-owner cars. At last check, there were about 15 preowned 987S. All were 2005's. There are probably more if you included the base 987.

I don't think you'll see any used 2006's for a while. They just came out last month.

Have you gone to your local Porsche dealer? You should be able to get a good deal on a used or new 2005. You should be able to get at lest 10% off a new 2005 and closer to 13% if you work it really hard.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:15 AM   #3
bmussatti

Luxury1:

Here is some additional information that may be helpful:

There are 10 Porsche dealers in PA, and other 12 Porsche dealers in your neighboring state of Ohio. So you should have no problem finding a new or used 2005. You can use the Porsche web-site to see each dealers new car inventory. There are even new 2002, 2003 and 2004's out there if you can believe that!

Also, there are 31 used 2005 Boxsters on the Porsche web-site nationwide right now. You can go buy one anywhere, what a great drive home, don't you think!!!!

Send me a PM if you have any additional questions. I live in the Chicago area, and am buying a 2006 987S from an out of state dealer.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 10-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #4

Perfect, thanks for the advice! I love this site! I have read that a lot of people offer $5,000 below sticker for new, is this same number about right for used (in general)?
luxury1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:19 PM   #5

In addition to what has been posted, check you dealer's lease department to see if any are coming to the end of their contract. I presume maintenance would be part of the lease contract (I've never leased before), and if so, the dealership should have the full maintenance records as well.
Biz-z Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #6

Try luxurymotors.com, when I was looking for mine, they had several 2005s
willche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 04:41 AM   #7

I would call Sewickley Porsche... http://www.sewickleycars.net/en_US/ Their site says they have an 05 Boxster S for $51,995.
I got my Porsche from Domenic Motors on Ohio River blvd... http://www.domenicmotors.com/ They are pretty good at finding cars if you want to give them a call and see if they can find you one. Ask for Dan Phillips and say that your friend Cliff bought a Boxster from you and tell him what you are looking for. They are really nice people. Good luck man.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by willche
Try luxurymotors.com, when I was looking for mine, they had several 2005s
Ummm....no.....pm me if you need to know why.

tqtran is offline   Reply With Quote