Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #1

Yellow plastic headlight clips

Greetings all,

The latest and greatest issue with my 02 S seems simple enough. but I wanted to check in here before doing something stupid. I pulled my driver's side headlight assembly to replace my L beam bulb last week. When I slid the light back in and turned the locking arm I heard a crack as the arm clicked into place. Turning the lights on confirmed what my ears had already told me; the bracket that holds the plug to the mounting plate had cracked. I pulled the light back out and found the plastic retainer for the plug had cracked and was no longer securing the plug.

I was able to pull the fender liner and attack it from the wheel well to hold the plug in place and got everything hooked back up, but I don't want to deal with this every time I need to change a light bulb.

Is there a source for the plastic clip that holds the plug to the mounting plate, or do I need to drop $100 to get $2 part????

Thanks!

Ross

shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
Certified Boxster Addict

Take a look here to find exactly which part you need: Porsche Boxster Headlamp Parts
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #3

Many thanks! It's item #12 "locking clip". It's only $6.37 for a $.05 piece of plastic! Much better than $98.00 for the assembly plate..

shadrach74 is offline   Reply With Quote